• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

zzzzzard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
You do not have 15" thighs. Unless photographic proof is given, I refuse to believe that.

Couldn't care less.

Originally Posted by whodini
Skinny jeans, cheap to expensive: Kill City, APC, Nudie, Julian Red, Somet, Flat Head, etc. to name a few.

Thank you sir. I'll check these brands out.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Whichever fits best. I like the denim on both, I'm wearing Chimala right now. Skinny jeans, cheap to expensive: Kill City, APC, Nudie, Julian Red, Somet, Flat Head, etc. to name a few. Treatment: erasers. Prevention: put fabric tape under hems.
None of those brands would work for someone who really has 15" thighs

zzzzzard

Reaction score
None of those brands would work for someone who really has 15" thighs

I've had to buy women's jeans in the past to get a good fit, and while I don't mind that at all, it's difficult to find raw women's jeans. The only store in my city that carries raw denim is Barney's and they have nothing in my size.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Are you sure you measured your thigh correctly? 7.5" is like....anorexic small...

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by connor
dior?
Diors have roomier thighs. No mens jeans have 7.5" thighs and you'd be hard pressed to find any womens jeans that do either, I'm near 100% certain he measured wrong

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Pretty sure he's talking about body measurements, not garment. Last I measured, my thighs were about 18" around, and I wear jeans with thigh width measurements of 10-11", which is about par for the course for my size (30).

15" thighs are not that crazy. He'd probably need a 9-10" thigh width on jeans; hard to find, maybe, but not impossible.

zzzzzard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
^ Pretty sure he's talking about body measurements, not garment. Last I measured, my thighs were about 18" around, and I wear jeans with thigh width measurements of 10-11", which is about par for the course for my size (30).

15" thighs are not that crazy. He'd probably need a 9-10" thigh width on jeans; hard to find, maybe, but not impossible.

Haha, I wish. I've found tons of jeans that have 9-10" measurements; they're still pretty roomy on me. The other problem with those jeans is that they're very roomy in the thighs while relatively tight on the calves, so I look like a clown. Most straight leg cuts have 11-12" thighs, which are horribly baggy.

Originally Posted by nahneun
Are you sure you measured your thigh correctly? 7.5" is like....anorexic small...

Yes. Think that small. It's unfortunate.

No mens jeans have 7.5" thighs and you'd be hard pressed to find any womens jeans that do either, I'm near 100% certain he measured wrong

Man, you're an idiot.

aviddresser

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of Levi's Shrink-To-Fit jeans. I did follow the instructions of upping the size a slight bit to compensate for the shrinking that will happen. I have seen a few sketchy instructions on how to properly shrink them...saying that I need to put them in my bathtub and soak them for 30 minutes in the hottest water possible.

1. Is it possible to just wash them with Hot water in my washing machine instead to get the desired shrinking effect?
2. What process/steps do you all suggest? Please be detailed. I know there are a lot of people on this forum with questions and that it is tempting to give a quick reply and nothing more, but if you know how to shrink them perfectly, let me know in detail!

Thanks!

Rhodes

Reaction score
Hello, I new here. Discovered this forum when looking for some info about 2 levis models that I have. I need some help identifying the models.
One is a 501 but has the back patch in leather and the inside sewing line is red! The second is like a replica of an old model, I think it's not a 501 and has a cloth back patch. The following photos show what I wroten, but I apologise for the lack of quallity of two of them.

Since I misplace the thread, the link has the photos.

http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...21&postcount=1

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zzzzzard
Haha, I wish. I've found tons of jeans that have 9-10" measurements; they're still pretty roomy on me. The other problem with those jeans is that they're very roomy in the thighs while relatively tight on the calves, so I look like a clown. Most straight leg cuts have 11-12" thighs, which are horribly baggy.
Okay, wow, you're tiny. Have you thought about shopping in the kid's section? Or are you also tall?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aviddresser
I recently bought a pair of Levi's Shrink-To-Fit jeans.
Hot water, 20-30 mins.

Keep in mind that you're using the same technology that people had back in the 19th century.
Originally Posted by Rhodes
Hello, I new here. Discovered this forum when looking for some info about 2 levis models that I have. I need some help identifying the models.
http://www.levistrauss.com/heritage/ForTheConsumer.aspx

baba booey

Reaction score
I am slightly new to selvedge denim, mainly bought overpriced G-Star in the past. Anyway, I have a couple pair of selvedge Helmut Lang. The inseam is way too long for me to stack. I like my jeans dark with slight fade and creases and rarely wash them, only dry clean on occassion. Is it acceptable to just get the jeans hemmed to desired lenghth? Is there anything I should request the tailor to do in the alteration process since these are selvedge? Thanks for the help!

c00kz

Reaction score
You sound good to go.. Since you aren't tapering them you shouldn't need to specify about the selvedge band.. Just don't get them trouser-length, but I'm sure you got that already.

KitAkira

Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zzzzzard
Haha, I wish. I've found tons of jeans that have 9-10" measurements; they're still pretty roomy on me. The other problem with those jeans is that they're very roomy in the thighs while relatively tight on the calves, so I look like a clown. Most straight leg cuts have 11-12" thighs, which are horribly baggy. Yes. Think that small. It's unfortunate. Man, you're an idiot.
Prove me wrong, show me a pair of jeans that have a 7.5" thigh measurement and better yet, show me measurements of your legs or a fit pic. Do you happen to be 12?
Originally Posted by aviddresser
I recently bought a pair of Levi's Shrink-To-Fit jeans. I did follow the instructions of upping the size a slight bit to compensate for the shrinking that will happen. I have seen a few sketchy instructions on how to properly shrink them...saying that I need to put them in my bathtub and soak them for 30 minutes in the hottest water possible. 1. Is it possible to just wash them with Hot water in my washing machine instead to get the desired shrinking effect? 2. What process/steps do you all suggest? Please be detailed. I know there are a lot of people on this forum with questions and that it is tempting to give a quick reply and nothing more, but if you know how to shrink them perfectly, let me know in detail! Thanks!
1) It'll turn your washing machine blue. It will lose a lot more indigo due to agitation

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads