• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

false

Reaction score
Originally Posted by WatchGuy
Are there any pics of these around? Price? I don't see them on their site.

Thanks!

Go back two pages. They only seem to be available on shoemart at the moment though.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are the aldens that are just the calf shim worth it or are they of lessor quality than their other offerings...

Im looking at getting some plain black wing tips so i wasn't sure. Also is there a way to tell which shoes were mad eon which last? Is there a standardized list of what models are mad with which?

hobscrk777

Reaction score
What's the word on the new Chromexcel Indy Boots? I know they're fully-leather-lined, but are they worth the $100 upcharge over the regular (old) Indy boots?

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
What's the word on the new Chromexcel Indy Boots? I know they're fully-leather-lined, but are they worth the $100 upcharge over the regular (old) Indy boots?
All of the people who purchased Leather Soul Ult. Indys / J Crew Indys / Epaulet Officer's Indy seem to think so.

dougie

Reaction score
Anybody know the new MSRP for the updated, leather-lined 405?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dougie
Anybody know the new MSRP for the updated, leather-lined 405?

According to the last time I spoke with Alden, I believe that the new MSRP is going to be around $395 to $425. I'm not sure where the final pricing breaks out.

BTW - we're scheduled to receive sizes 8.5-12D in the Chromexel Indy around the first to second week of Feb. All my size 8D's are on reserve, but if anyone wants to reserve one of the other sizes, just drop me a PM. There's no deposit required, I'll just drop you a line when the boots come in and give you first crack at them.

machochino

Reaction score
Fu@^!!! I finally decided to pull the trigger on AF43 but Alden-of-Carmel is out of 7.5D.

Does SF-Alden or NY-Alden carry different inventories from Carmel? I'm confused with how their distribution works. I know stores such as Epaulet and LeatherSoul have their own models that are made at the Alden factory, which is not Alden-of-Carmel?

I.E. who or where should I call to hunt down these boots?

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
call mike @ epaulet or tom @ leather soul hawaii they can order them for you or let you know how soon they can get one.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by machochino
Fu@^!!! I finally decided to pull the trigger on AF43 but Alden-of-Carmel is out of 7.5D.

Does SF-Alden or NY-Alden carry different inventories from Carmel? I'm confused with how their distribution works. I know stores such as Epaulet and LeatherSoul have their own models that are made at the Alden factory, which is not Alden-of-Carmel?

Isn't Adam getting more of them in?

Alden makes custom boots for many vendors including Epaulet, LSH, Context, and A-o-C.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by machochino

Alden of Carmel is a dealer located near Seattle. They sell Alden shoes same as Epaulet, Leather Soul etc.
Most of the shoes they sell are made to their spec by Alden and aren't typically available elsewhere in the exact same configuration although quite often slight variations will be available somewhere else.

You should get the AF53 anyway.

machochino

Reaction score
Ahh I see. So can I contact Alden directly for the AF43; I should speak with Adam?

Yea, #8 shell is gorgeous but not for me. I suit more contemporary clothing therefore I want and need a quality black boot. I've already made the mistake purchasing black shell chukkas in the wrong size.

My next choice would be ult black indys from LSH.

rick

Reaction score
just got these yesterday
cigar ptb barrie last.

IMG00072.jpg

rick

Reaction score
thanks, as you can see i do not take very good pictures, they are really nice, my pics do not due them justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads