• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EP's Denim by Epaulet Official Thread

b-ill

Reaction score
I want a pair of the deadstock but I just want to be sure on size. My true waist is around 33/34 but most pants I get are 32 (J. Crew) or 31 (KMW 1980's). I'm thinking I should get a 32 in these but just wanted to be sure!

reprehensible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Let me get this straight... reprehensible is buying the black jeans? Stop the presses!
smile.gif

I am cagey and unpredictable. I've totally been wearing gray and white t-shirts!

Really I'm looking for a straightforward pair of black jeans, which I don't actually own. The ones I have and like are coated; the raw ones I have, I don't like.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by obiter dictum
Just got my pair of streaky EP's in the post. From wearing it about the apartment for a while, it feels and looks every bit as good as advertised. Definitely a new "APC killer". The bag they came in was a nice touch of luxury. One small piece of critique though: Maybe my pair is off the norm, but the waist size doesn't correspond with the chart on the site. My size 33 actually has a 35.5" waist (17.75" side to side).
Thanks so much for your order and for the feedback. We used the measurements from the actual patterns, so there can be a .25 or .3" difference from doubling the waistband. Measuring the top of the waistband gets about 17.3, but perhaps you're matching the top and bottom and measuring it across? Please drop me a PM, and we'll get it sorted for you.
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Ditto, but black for me. Maybe they'll shrink with a soak? or should I exchange? I don't know if I can size down, though, because the thigh is about as slim as I can go.
If you've got significant room at the waist, then I'd go down a size on them. The difference in the thigh is pretty minimal. PM me with your name, we can send you the smaller size so that you can compare them and see which works better.
Originally Posted by eglbc
ill try to get a better pic, but im really happy with these. The bag is a nice touch. Good work !
picture11y.png

Thanks for posting - they're a great fit on you!
Originally Posted by Klemins
Was looking to buy the blacks in 31 but they're sold out!
We'll be restocking this coming Friday. I've got three big-ass boxes coming from LA. Once they arrive, I'll do a full stock count and book in all the new inventory. We should definitely have a 31 for you.
Originally Posted by kiya
Have you made women's jeans yet? If not, what are you waiting for?
smile.gif

Oh my god, the prospect of making women's jeans scares the hell out of me. It's hard enough selling them from other brands in the store. If I had my own personal warehouse of Xanax, maybe we could swing that. How about you guys? Any selvedge for the honeys?
Originally Posted by b-ill
I want a pair of the deadstock but I just want to be sure on size. My true waist is around 33/34 but most pants I get are 32 (J. Crew) or 31 (KMW 1980's). I'm thinking I should get a 32 in these but just wanted to be sure!
I'd recommend the 31. Most of our customers have gotten the best fit out of sizing down one from their typical pant size.

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by father's room
Hank mobley is my fav tenor of all time. Very nice Cunningsmeagol!

I love his playing too. He is incredibly melodic, plays zero BS, tone and time are right on. Very underrated. It's nice when people recognize the avatar and comment.

Back on topic, thanks for the help, Mike.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized down from 33 to 32 based on EPs recommendation, and Im glad I took their word. Fit is spot on.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
dear epaulet:

as a professional jean fader I am always looking for new sponsors.

hint hint.

I am a size 32. the streaky ones look nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads