• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
before dinner hung out at a champange bar and had champagne

ravioli with duck in vegetable broth apetizer
confit of duck
tart tartin
nice enough sancerre with dinner

Man, sounds great.

I plan to try making duck confit in two or three weeks.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

Tonight will be eggs with chorizo.

Oh man I LOVE chorizo! Hope it's ok!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man, sounds great.

I plan to try making duck confit in two or three weeks.

I love confit. it is something that I would love to make, and have never gotten around to. maybe one day.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tropics
finished version

976wbp.jpg

That looks incredible.
Originally Posted by gomestar
crispy pork tacos with fresh guacamole and salsa fresca

2908565760043813381S500x500Q85.jpg

And so does this.
Last night started off with foie for me.
smile.gif
Here is it about to go into a blistering hot cast iron fry pan with some unsalted butter in it:

IMG_0557.jpg

Then we had some cured meat we brought back from San Fran, and one of my thuringers, sliced and cold with pepper mustard aioli. Add to that some stinky cheeses, a few other cheeses, some roasted red pepper spread, bottle of wine and sliced baguette
smile.gif

Happy Piob.

Tonight will be eggs with chorizo.

Jesus ******* Christ that's a big chunk of foie. If you were a restaurant, you'd be open for like 3 hours before going bankrupt.
Originally Posted by Histrion
Dinner: We started it off by enjoying some munchies: serrano ham, prosciutto San Daniele, rosette de Lyon, smoked scallops, smoke albacore tuna. Then I cooked a pretty massive piece of wild, line-caught Red Spring Salmon along with asparagus, red peppers and shiitake. Washed down with a Gewurztraminer. Good times.
Was this "the dinner?" How'd it turn out?
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I love confit. it is something that I would love to make, and have never gotten around to. maybe one day.

Zach, it's really easy. You just need to have the space in your fridge to hold the legs for however long you want them to sit in the fat--- usually at least a month.

And despite all the recent additions to this thread that are awesome, I'm going to be eating the best tonight. Taking my gf to Cyrus for dinner tonight.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Jesus ******* Christ that's a big chunk of foie. If you were a restaurant, you'd be open for like 3 hours before going bankrupt.

And despite all the recent additions to this thread that are awesome, I'm going to be eating the best tonight. Taking my gf to Cyrus for dinner tonight.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

It was the end cap to a lobe. Celebration from finding out I'm not making my own personal foie gras
laugh.gif

Hope you have a great time tonight. Well, how can you not? Are you doing the pairings? Caviar?

Histrion

Reaction score
Was this "the dinner?" How'd it turn out?

It was. It went very well. Thanks for your assistance -- I made a basil vinaigrette with white wine vinegar and canola oil as you had suggested. Big success. Check PM for more details.

Enjoy your meal with the girlfriend tonight!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
It was the end cap to a lobe. Celebration from finding out I'm not making my own personal foie gras
laugh.gif

Hope you have a great time tonight. Well, how can you not? Are you doing the pairings? Caviar?

Hell no, no pairings or caviar. It's a huge stretch for me to just sit for dinner instead of eating at the bar. As a general rule of thumb, anyone working at a really nice restaurant probably can't afford to eat there.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Histrion
It was. It went very well. Thanks for your assistance -- I made a basil vinaigrette with white wine vinegar and canola oil as you had suggested. Big success. Check PM for more details.

Enjoy your meal with the girlfriend tonight!

Awesome, glad it went well!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hell no, no pairings or caviar. It's a huge stretch for me to just sit for dinner instead of eating at the bar. As a general rule of thumb, anyone working at a really nice restaurant probably can't afford to eat there.
laugh.gif

You don't get an employee discount?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't get an employee discount?

More importantly, what will you be wearing?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
More importantly, what will you be wearing?

Allen Edmonds, Incotex, Brooks Bros buttonup w/ JCrew cashmere. Not balling by SF standards, but I'm feelin pretty good about it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Allen Edmonds, Incotex, Brooks Bros buttonup w/ JCrew cashmere. Not balling by SF standards, but I'm feelin pretty good about it.

Sounds pretty damn good to me. Actually, I had on AEs and Incotex when I went!

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pulled pork sandwich (sorry, was hungry):
IMG_8850.JPG

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife made an unbelievable sukiyaki tonight. Was
drool.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I had a terrible meal out tonight.

Thank God for gin and châteauneuf-du-pape

- B

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
17356_243286757775_561887775_3375343_7002391_n.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads