• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dump my girlfriend or try harder????

big_kev

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
+1.

You wanna dump her because she wants a dog and that means she has no ambition while you're this little dude who is going to conquer the world!!?? WTF is wrong with you people!!?? Go suck on a urinal cake and let me know how it goes.

Her wanting the dog doesnt mean she has no ambition. the two facts are unrelated. But thanks for that very useful post.

Suckin the urinal cake went very well by the way. Thanks again

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Some doth a pearl produce in mollusks fair,
Yet none but a few send back an eclair.
frown.gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I have a long track record of nurturing relationships past their use by date. Looking back over the four Real Girlfriends of my life, all of the last three should have ended six months to a year earlier than they did, but were drawn out by me persevering with it, trying to Make It Right, giving it one more shot, and not wanting to sleep alone.

Average that out a bit and do some rounding and so on, and I have already wasted like 2 and a half of my 15 adult years being in relationships that were dead in the water. Food for thought there son...

djrajio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sjg22
This is terrible advice. Change the "under 30" to "over 40" and you may have a case... But come on - you shouldn't have to settle at 28. This advice is why there are so many guys that are incredibly p-whipped out there; because they've been told to put up with girls' b.s. because there supposedly aren't other alternatives. Again, terrible, terrible advice.

If you and your gf are fighting constantly and you've been dating for less than 2 years, than sorry, it won't work. You think commitment + pets + kids will make things better? Never works out this way. Get out while you can and meet a girl whose company you truly enjoy.

Originally Posted by sjg22
If you lived in NYC during your early-to-mid 20s, you shouldn't have had to rely on a steady relationship to clean out your pipes. I lived there when I was 23 - if you have any game in that city, you should be getting some.

Is this what us guys have become? Prisoners of women we don't like purely because we think this is our only way to get laid? I mean, I've been there, but I've learned from my error a long time ago.

I'm not against long-term relationships (I'm sort of in one, if you call 8 months long) - but my quality of life is great in this relationship because the girl is really chill, there's no drama and if that changes, I'll end it. Don't waste your life being unhappy fellas.

I agree with sjg22's way of thinking. At 28, you are in the prime of your life. **** societial pressures that compell you to think you need to settle down with someone you aren't entirely committed to. It's total bullshit. It seems that Americans are more interested in "getting married" than building "a marriage".

Originally Posted by deejaysoy
if shes hot stay together. if not change of heart

Horrible advice. I would not put up being in a ****** relationship just because the gf is hot. There are plenty of hot women in the world. If you are confident in yourself it shouldn't be hard to get a new one.

Any small issues that rub you the wrong way in a relationship will only get worse with time, so its probably in your best interest to let her go if you have any doubts that things aren't working.

Most men stay in ****** relationships because they are afraid of being alone.

Don't be that chump.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Women are what they are. Relationships with women are ****** for men who don't know how to handle women. They will never learn/grow/develop/whatever Oprah feelings crap you call it. You, on the other hand, can learn how to ignore the toxins that come out of their mouths, and pour sugary syrup into their ears.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. White
You, on the other hand, can learn how to ignore the toxins that come out of their mouths, and pour sugary syrup into their ears.

ur doin it wrong

esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by r...
If: Machiavellian = scrotless dirtbag Then: Yes
Machiavellian (in this instance, as it regards dating)=utilizing game, staying independent, not getting *****-whipped. If you ever dated a hot chick (with 'tude) you'd understand. Let them be their pain ********** selves, and you have your fun. Perfect. "scrotless"= ... ?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by big_kev
Man I got a DILEMMA...

How do you know if you and your girlfriend arent right for each other?? She has a heart of gold but we can't communicate without arguing and she has no drive or ambition (apart from wanting a dog). Zero. when she talks I switch off. When I try and tell her somethin she bristles. Man, the list of problems goes on and on - she just remembers the good stuff though. She's 100% loyal and in love with me. WTF aya supposed to do?

Everytime I get to the point of breaking up with her I get 'the fear'. How can I know for sure the problem isnt just me being a moody, miserable baastard??
tinfoil.gif

Normally I'm not such a chicken **** but I'm afraid of gettin this wrong

Are you happy when you're with her? Will you cheat on her? Is she challenging you to be a better man? Answer these questions, honestly. Listen to yourself. Then, be a man, make a decision and stick with it.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
+1.

Some doth a pearl produce in mollusks fair,
Yet none but a few send back an eclair.
frown.gif

Thanks for the sig, sir!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP, let me give you a real life example of why you should probably abort:

I've got a friend who is one of the wittiest people and best writers I've ever known. He could be writing brilliant comedy or involved in some creative endeavors in a big city if he chose. Instead, he's 27, married, has a dog, baby, and a house he cannot afford (he's already considered bankruptcy).

His wife is much like how your girl sounds. Seemingly, her only ambition in life was to get hitched, get a nice house, have a dog and kids. They married when they were 25, even though he had often complained about barely being able to stand her while they were dating.

He isn't materialistic, so the big house they can't afford? That was done on her insistence. The dog? He didn't really want it, but he also didn't want any kids just yet. The dog was sort of a compromise on his part. And guess what? Miraculously, she became pregnant not long after they got that dog. She has virtually no friends, because she lacks the incredible social skills he has. Subsequently, he is more or less her only friend. That means he is rarely available to do anything, unless she is at work.

Meanwhile, he's working as the head of dining services at my college. The job pays OK, but it's a complete waste of his natural talents. As for her? She's a manager at McDonald's and never finished school.

Get out before you have things that will nail you down with her.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads