• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
Woah! Great aging on that boot! What model is it?

**** if I know. I just google image searched Alden Indy and posted them up to satiate jet's fascination with them.
wink.gif

It does look nice, though, doesn't it?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those boots of amlai's are kind of famous. Unfortunately, i believe he sent them in for recrafting and alden re-dyed them against his wishes. So they lost that great patina.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ok sizing exercise again guys, tell me my barrie size

-10.5 asics
-11 in nike running shoes
-43 in common project and margiela

I do not have any AEs so please do not ask me what my AE size is. I like my shoes fitted and wear thin to medium socks. Thanx boiz.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Ok sizing exercise again guys, tell me my barrie size

-10.5 asics
-11 in nike running shoes
-43 in common project and margiela

I do not have any AEs so please do not ask me what my AE size is. I like my shoes fitted and wear thin to medium socks. Thanx boiz.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Damn that was quick thanks man many warm thanks. Can I get some reassurance from more guys so I can have peace of mind? Not that I don't trust you INY I'm just paranoid. Are you the same size?

WatchGuy

Reaction score
jet, I'd recommend a 10 as well. My Nike running shoes 1 full size larger than what I wear in Alden Barrie.

interlockingny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Damn that was quick thanks man many warm thanks. Can I get some reassurance from more guys so I can have peace of mind? Not that I don't trust you INY I'm just paranoid. Are you the same size?

I wear a 10.5 in Asics as well, and I am a comfortable 10 with the Barrie Last.

racknac

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting some Alden PTBoots... noticed several different soles floating around (Crepe, Barrie, Flex, etc.) what are the differences and what would be best for Los Angeles type weather/terrain?

d.naj

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of AF53's and it looks like there's a puncture hole in the cordovan on the back of the right boot. I asked at the DC Alden store and was told this is typical of their boots. I've never seen anything like this on any Aldens, has anyone ever had something like this with theirs? Thoughts on what I should do?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^never seen that but I don't know if it's common

Originally Posted by WatchGuy
jet, I'd recommend a 10 as well. My Nike running shoes 1 full size larger than what I wear in Alden Barrie.

Originally Posted by interlockingny
I wear a 10.5 in Asics as well, and I am a comfortable 10 with the Barrie Last.

Thank you gentlemen!

Originally Posted by racknac
I'm thinking about getting some Alden PTBoots... noticed several different soles floating around (Crepe, Barrie, Flex, etc.) what are the differences and what would be best for Los Angeles type weather/terrain?

Your choices for the soles are commando, leather, double sole (two leathers stacked), crepe, oiled, rubber sole and I may be missing one or two. You mean for LA type sunny weather year round? Whatever you like or looks best to you and what your objective is with the shoes. Flex is the welt detail/construction and barrie is the last, neither of these are sole choices. For PTB I do like crepe soles but that is a personal choice.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by d.naj
I just purchased a pair of AF53's and it looks like there's a puncture hole in the cordovan on the back of the right boot. I asked at the DC Alden store and was told this is typical of their boots. I've never seen anything like this on any Aldens, has anyone ever had something like this with theirs? Thoughts on what I should do?
This is normal of all of their shoes.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
really. I dont think Ill be buying any aldens for a while

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a nail hole from where the upper was held to the last during the construction process. Often somewhat hidden by that back strap but you can usually see at least a little of it on a lot of them in my experience.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still seems like something youd not expect for a 400 to 500 dollar boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads