• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake8078

Reaction score
Heheh I wish, the trees were another $30.

Thanks guys, I LOVE these things!

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes unless they are out of stock or something. Shoe mart does have free and fast shipping so you could just get them sent from there.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jake8078
Seriously? It's a sock. They look fine, and they're incredibly comfortable.

Yes, and what does that even mean? I believe there are two so it's double the hideousness.

Guys, can we post less poor man's aldens in here and more of the nicer shoes they make? There are a thousand pairs of the standard indys that we've seen plenty of times and unless they have some sort of character it really is unnecessary seeing stock indys over and over again. Thanks.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alden-indy-airfrogusmc.jpg

Laatuvalmistajat-Alden3.jpg

indy21.jpg

3372506163_74c4b4e8a0.jpg

img0547.jpg

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
First ones are nice though you couldn't pay me to wear these things.

Great working class boots if you want to look like you work in a factory though.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some smart wool socks and I think they are ass.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy the Smartwool mid-weight hikers on sale at Sierra Trading post. Usually can get them for about $6 each. I love them. All other socks feel like crap by comparison. They wick nicely and hold up really well over time. I'm still wearing some that are 3 years old (the first ones I ever bought) and they are going strong as can be. I stick to basic solid colors like tan, brown, and green. They may not be stylish, but I don't think they look too bad and with my boots they are almost never seen anyway.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
min are falling apart after like a month of wear.

jake8078

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Yes, and what does that even mean? I believe there are two so it's double the hideousness.

There are dozens of different styles, and you can get them in basic colors... how on earth can a solid colored sock be ugly?

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by framus
OK, in this picture I am wearing two pairs of socks, and now I see the boots fit much better. The laces aren't so bunched, boots fit snugly, but not too tight. And yes, the right boot seems to shine up better, and my right foot is slightly bigger because I'm left handed, or at least that's what an old shoe salesman told me once. Urban myth?

Now the question, if these are size 10, if I had gone down to a size 9.5, would that have been the equivalent of two pairs of socks? My guess is that two pairs of socks is a quarter foot size, and had I gone with 9.5 they would have been too tight. I will find out this week when I visit the Alden store. Does Cordovan stretch like regular leather?

alden2640.jpg

and for comparison the original shot from yesterday with one pair of socks, and yes all my socks are the same BLACK type, saves time on the sorting
smile.gif

alden.jpg

I do have a friend who always wears two pairs of socks, I've done it before and had no complaints.

And for you Cordovan fans, here's my watch with a cordovan strap.

cordovan640.jpg

Regards.

Lord man, every time I see your pictures I think you are doing a remake of the Wizard of Oz and have a house sitting on top of your torso.

The boots look a lot better wearing 2 pairs of socks. I would spend some time just buffing that left shoe. It may just have a wax build up. You could try a very, very, very small amount of water on a cotton cloth. Almost so you are not even sure if it is damp or not. That may help. It may just be a variance in the cordovan but I think that a wax build up is more likely the culprit.
smile.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jake8078
There are dozens of different styles, and you can get them in basic colors... how on earth can a solid colored sock be ugly?

Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
I have some smart wool socks and I think they are ass.

here you go hoss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads