• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apolis Activism SS09 and FW09

gerro

Reaction score
Hey guys, anybody have any luck getting the navy waxed bomber jacket in a small lately? I seen this jacket go on sale for a pretty good price (350ish) but no smalls..checked AA, epaulet, context..no luck. Thanks

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gerro
Hey guys, anybody have any luck getting the navy waxed bomber jacket in a small lately? I seen this jacket go on sale for a pretty good price (350ish) but no smalls..checked AA, epaulet, context..no luck. Thanks

Are you looking for the jacket in a Small? Because Epaulet's site says it's still in stock...have you sent Mike a PM?

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just getting into this brand, looks pretty goood, can someone comment on the warmness of their wool lined wax canvas jackets? thanks.

gerro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Are you looking for the jacket in a Small? Because Epaulet's site says it's still in stock...have you sent Mike a PM?

Yeah I'm searching for a small, I've contacted Mike as well. Holiday season.. hasn't had time to update their site, he told me the smalls are gone..

basho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by canstyleace
Just getting into this brand, looks pretty goood, can someone comment on the warmness of their wool lined wax canvas jackets? thanks.
I have the USMC jacket and it's much warmer than I expected. Not Chicago winter warm, but I can wear it into the 30s easily. It's cut boxy, which also leaves room for layering. One annoying thing is the liner shifts around a bit and makes it hard to pull the jacket on. But all in all, I love the jacket.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
How annoying is that fit on the USMC jacket? I'm really interested in the coat, but I've read a lot about the liner movement. Is the problem mostly getting the coat on, or is there still quite a bit of play when wearing the coat?

sflore8

Reaction score
I have the Wax USMC in a size Medium if anyone is interested. I bought it from Context and haven't worn it. I tried it on for a few minutes and it's too small for me. I can't post on the Marketplace so I hope it's kay for me to post on this thread. PM me if your interested.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
PM sent. Now back to your regularly scheduled non-commercial programming...

basho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by harveyrabbit
How annoying is that fit on the USMC jacket? I'm really interested in the coat, but I've read a lot about the liner movement. Is the problem mostly getting the coat on, or is there still quite a bit of play when wearing the coat?

it's only annoying when you put the jacket on. it's not that bad, but certainly not as easy as with a satin lining. if i could trade one thing, i'd probably make the jacket a less boxy.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I walked to work in my CPO in 10F today, with just a t shirt and chambray on underneath. The CPO was plenty warm. In fact, I'm starting to get hot sitting in my office. On a side note, I got an email from Raan, in which he explained that the wool/mink/cash material was originally made for coats. They purchased it from a factory in England, which shears the mink much like they do with cashmere goats. I would not want that job.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the USMC jacket in a medium and it's pretty loose through the middle. Think a tailor would be able to work with it?

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, but they will have to alter both the lining and the jacket. Should be easy since the liner is removable.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool. I freakin love this jacket. The only thing that bothers me is that it doesn't have pockets for your hands. I have no idea why they didn't add that. Every jacket should have hand pockets IMO.

Binker

Reaction score
The wool lining on the USMC is annoying as hell, took it right off. The arms are pretty slim on me and I kept pushing the lining out through the sleeve. I got it right with some adjusting, but it ain't worth the hassle in the mid-60's of Arizona.

I don't think the fit of the jacket is particularly boxy, although I'm typically in between a med and large and I took a chance on a medium in the USMC. Any smaller and I'd have maneuverability issues but I think the trim fit is appropriate with this jacket. Guess I'll crosspost these:

fitpic1.jpg

fitpic2.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That jacket looks great without the lining.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads