• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I wish they were not selling the artisanal collection on Yoox. Seems wrong.

uncontrol -- I loled out loud at that, took me a second to figure out what you did, people at work must think I am deranged. "He is laughing again . . . "

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Is it made of cashmere? The most expensive tee is, step yo game up Margiela

mondayc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Coming across a great piece of clothing of scarce quantity (i.e. eBay, thrift, vintage) and having the fit be just a bit off = major
ffffuuuu.gif

Just got a shirt that fits great in the shoulders and chest, but has REALLY high arm holes and a pretty short length.

I skipped out on 2 $5 Brooks Brothers overcoats (barely worn) yesterday because of my arm length.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Since 90% of MC threads are "Critique my suit" why isn't there an "Official Suit Critiquing Thread?"

And damn, there is already so much **** I want to drop my Christmas dough on. Found some nice new boots, SE is calling me, and I just went through some old bookmarks and refound a really nice jacket for a rather low price

mondayc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Since 90% of MC threads are "Critique my suit" why isn't there an "Official Suit Critiquing Thread?"
Because people would post "critique my suit" threads anyways. *See "How do I wash my jeans" and "What jeans to buy" threads here.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason people don't like the structure that we have here in SW&D over in MC.

They love new threads and OMFG HELP cries.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there should be a minimum number of posts before you can start a new thread, but rather, a certain amount of time once you register. I lurked here for more than two months before I even posted anything. Hell, I've never created a thread other than in B&S.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to realise just how meta styleforum is, there is a shitload of discussion re: the forum and it's philosophy/aesthetic/style/etc. Sometimes I wonder how much time & effort people actually spend thinking & posting about the forum. I may or may not be a hypocrite in my last statement.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
All of barney's marketing was awful last year. Just checkout the workwear catalog thing they did, was pretty much like a gosurface fantasy.

Now you wait a minute, I never got to see this catalog. Were the boys cyute?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
I'm starting to realise just how meta styleforum is, there is a shitload of discussion re: the forum and it's philosophy/aesthetic/style/etc. Sometimes I wonder how much time & effort people actually spend thinking & posting about the forum. I may or may not be a hypocrite in my last statement.

Yep.

(though of course discussing how meta something is becomes meta in and of itself....blah blah blah infinite regression)

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Now you wait a minute, I never got to see this catalog. Were the boys cyute?

i might still have a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads