• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you use a different moisturizer before bed than you do in the morning?

Falcone

Reaction score
I don't at the moment use moisturiser but am considering it as im in my mid 20s - might delay the aging process a bit.

**** me, does every thread have to be met with a sarcasm and derision. This place run by teenagers or something?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I have dry hands....like crackly dry. I use some Vaseline aloe stuff on them. Then I rub my face with my hands. Then I'm moisturised. This is called being a boy.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Falcone
I don't at the moment use moisturiser but am considering it as im in my mid 20s - might delay the aging process a bit.

**** me, does every thread have to be met with a sarcasm and derision. This place run by teenagers or something?

Sunscreen that blocks UVA rays is the best thing for delaying aging. 80% of wrinkles are caused by sun damage.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
I have dry hands....like crackly dry. I use some Vaseline aloe stuff on them. Then I rub my face with my hands. Then I'm moisturised. This is called being a boy.

laugh.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Falcone
I don't at the moment use moisturiser but am considering it as im in my mid 20s - might delay the aging process a bit. **** me, does every thread have to be met with a sarcasm and derision. This place run by teenagers or something?
The sarcasm and derision comes not from using a moisturizer, but rather asking other men about using a different moisturizer before bed. One moisturizer should be sufficient for your purposes, unless you go with a ylang-scented lotion in the morning, and a lavender-scented cream in the evening, with some unscented body butter hidden in your sock drawer so you don't get found out while rubbing one out. But the broader issue is that men shouldn't be too pretty or look like they worked at their grooming. you nance.

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
Moisturising is a good thing for men, don't knock it guys! I don't moisturise too often at this stage (only after I've showered, after I'm done with toner or cleanser) but I'm not barely going on 20 at this stage, so it would be redundant on me in other situations. Remember, maintenance is good, as long as you don't act like a prissy little b*tch about it (don't whine when something seems a little off, don't go around bragging about it and ffs don't spend a long time doing it). BTW, using 2 different kinds of moisturisers is DEFINITELY prissy.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
You're aware that the vast majority of posters here are male, aren't you?

Originally Posted by Thomas
The sarcasm and derision comes not from using a moisturizer, but rather asking other men about using a different moisturizer before bed.

Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere!
BTW, using 2 different kinds of moisturisers is DEFINITELY prissy.
You gentlemen seem to be confusing moisturizer with makeup. Moisturizer, however, is a skin care product, not a cosmetic. Perhaps you're also the kind of men who won't wear pink because you think it's a girl's color.

To the OP: I like Neutrogena products. I use one of their moisturizers with sunscreen in the morning after shaving, and I use another one in the evening, called Night, that contains retinol instead of sunscreen. And because I'm especially prissy, I also use a third moisturizer that's just for the delicate skin right under my eyes. Supposedly, it helps reduce the dark circles.

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
You gentlemen seem to be confusing moisturizer with makeup. Moisturizer, however, is a skin care product, not a cosmetic. Perhaps you're also the kind of men who won't wear pink because you think it's a girl's color. To the OP: I like Neutrogena products. I use one of their moisturizers with sunscreen in the morning after shaving off my 1 facial hair follicle, and I use another one in the evening, called Night, that contains other stuff my skin doesn't really need. And because I'm especially prissy, I also use a push-up bra with inbuilt moisturiser dispensers to protect the delicate skin around the nipples.
ftfy. BTW, no offence intended, I actually am a strong advocate of mens maintenance and moisturise regularly, but fgs, unless you are in your middle age, you shouldn't use more than one kind (overdoing it, hard), and if you are in your middle age, then it may be good, but it's not necessary. Also, I don't wear pink, but that's purely because I've tried it on repeated times and it goes terribly with my skin.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere!
"I use one of their moisturizers with sunscreen in the morning after shaving off my 1 facial hair follicle, and I use another one in the evening, called Night, that contains other stuff my skin doesn't really need. And because I'm especially prissy, I also use a push-up bra with inbuilt moisturiser dispensers to protect the delicate skin around the nipples."

ftfy.

If there's anything I like about homophobes, it's your predictability. You can always be counted on to take the bait, and you always project your own repressed ****-erotic fantasies on people who challenge you.

The poor OP asked a simple question about moisturizers, and no fewer than three manly men elbowed their way in to assure him that while using one moisturizer is good, using two will change his gender. That's good stuff. You guys crack me up.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i needed some moisturiser at an airport, i bought some olay night moisturiser cos it was 70% off. the instructions say to apply to face, neck and "decolletage" which makes me feel funny in my pants.

BillyMaysHere!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threadbearer
If there's anything I like about homophobes, it's your predictability. You can always be counted on to take the bait, and you always project your own repressed ****-erotic fantasies on people who challenge you.

The poor OP asked a simple question about moisturizers, and no fewer than three manly men elbowed their way in to assure him that while using one moisturizer is good, using two will change his gender. That's good stuff. You guys crack me up.

BTW, If you've noticed much of my other posts you will notice I am not particularly homophobic, in fact I'm bisexual (let's not forget I'm on styleforvm, too). Also, in regards to my response, let's not forget the last part, it was actual advice, and advice that will do good. Men's skin seriously does not need much moisturisation until around middle age, about once a day will do until at least the 30s, and any more (moisturising) than that wouldn't be good for a young person's skin, IMO.

As for cracking you up, I'll take that as a compliment, thanks.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Um, that's not in your pants.

not even ball-cleavage?

Now, for THAT I use a different moisturizer, usually at night unless I'm moisturizing early in the morning before the rest of the house wakes up. In that case I furtively reach for an unmarked jar of...wait, what were we talking about again?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads