• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'll pay less if you just call the store and have them ship. Shipping is $10 out of state but you don't pay tax, in NYC you'll pay 8.25% tax on $365...around $30. Not going to break the bank, but save your time and energy, no? \\/ I think mine came to MA in two days, but they may have used overnight. Can't remember, it was pretty quick though.
Originally Posted by edubs01
Just called the NY Alden store and they have the Black Indys in stock. Heading up to NY and def going to stop by and pick up a pair. Price is $365

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They do not charge tax if you're out of state though right?
And I believe they ship overnight too.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is my first pair of Alden so I need to try them on.
I will then just purchase and have them ship to me in Philly to avoid tax....plus I won't have to lug them around!

jaydc7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with applying sno seal to suede? I know roughout boots are primarily dubbed but would it work to take this leather soul boot and achieve a similar effect?
sptb1.jpg

jake8078

Reaction score
Pick up my first pair of Indy Boots today. They're my first pair of footwear that I've paid over $100 for, and my feet feel like they're being hugged by angels. I was surprised that they have leather lining, as on the website it says it's some kind of duck cloth.

I bought some Alden "neutral" fine boot cream and a brush with them. I forgot to ask the salesman if it was necessary or not to apply a coat right off the bat.

What do you guys think? Also, they appear a lot darker than a lot of photos I've seen, which I'm happy about. Some photos make them look pumpkin-colored. The salesman suggested only using a brown tint polish once they get scuffed deep enough that it's passed the dyed leather.

arrow

Reaction score
@Jake8078...
Did you get the new model 405, if so where? I just bought the Indy 405 Chrome Excel from Shoemart but there was a price increase to $450. I'm wondering if you paid for the older version but got the higher quality. Please post pics if you can...

Casual

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I saw the new 403 Chromexcel Indy boot at Steven Alan on Franklin. They looked great.

jake8078

Reaction score
Originally Posted by arrow
@Jake8078... Did you get the new model 405, if so where? I just bought the Indy 405 Chrome Excel from Shoemart but there was a price increase to $450. I'm wondering if you paid for the older version but got the higher quality. Please post pics if you can...
I'm guessing I must've gotten the updated, but older version, model 405. I didn't know they were supposed to come out with one. Actually, I also got mine from Shoe Mart, in person haha. They're only about an hour away from me. I'll post some pics tomorrow. They're definitely not the Chrome Excel ones. Those were there too but much more expensive. I got mine for ~$310.

chestercopperpot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CharlieAngel
Dumb question: Did Alden (or does Alden) make a taller boot? Say, with the height of a 10-15 hole Dr. Marten.

not dumb.

Alden does make a model that high. For State Troopers of MA, all of which are custom. So better join the academy if you want a pair.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What the ****? MA St. Troopers get to wear Aldens?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm so close to copping a pair
ffffuuuu.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
shell? rare shell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads