• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nexus One

Mblova

Reaction score
Wait till Q2 for Android to really hit the market.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Smoking nothing and I was quoted $45.99 for 77081.

Well, for ***** and giggles, I checked again for my zip code and sure enough it's 30 dollars. When I signed up for Vz last month though I took advantage of the two for $99 deal they had, I added the two Droid Eris' to my basket, and the data package was quoted as $45.99 for each.

Looks like they temporarily increased the price of the data plan for the Droid to make up for the fact that I would have gotten two of those phones for a hundred bucks. That's all I can think of, but I am surely not mistaken at that number, made my jaw drop.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Better yet, the Nexus One is coming to Vz.

We knew that already, that was yesterdays news. This is today.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
We knew that already, that was yesterdays news. This is today.

Today was predicted long ago. AT&T can't deny the Android army.

surfnbank

Reaction score
I own an Iphone that I do love but the Nexus One does look like it would be a whole lot of fun to play with. I heard the processor is a heck of a lot faster and I have heard the screen is a lot nicer. Not sure about the Droid software yet haven't had a chance to play on it a whole lot.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After using the Nexus One for a week, I've concluded that I would have gotten the Blackberry Bold 2 over this.

A bit of background: I use the BB Bold 1 for work & also used the Nokia E71 prior to the Nexus 1.

Pros:

Beautiful Screen - Not just the colors, the its true blacks are pretty darn awesome.

Camera - The camera + flash seems to be doing pretty damn well in low light (for a camera phone).

Build - seems pretty sturdy right now, thinner than Iphone.

Cool factor - "its the google phone" gets the girls in your hot shorts.

Cons:

Battery Life - Totally sucks ass. I have a charger at home, at work, and at my girlfriends home. I use the phone primarily for msging on gtalk/emailing/phonecalls w/ GPS/Bluetooth/Wifi disabled. I don't get how it will be a "superphone" which can leverage the connectivity & apps if it lasts half a day w/ a few crapshit apps on.

Touchscreen - I make calls, send loads of texts/IM. Coming from a BB background, physical keyboards make my life much easier and more efficient. Takes me 1 minute to type a message that I can accomplish in 20 seconds on the BB. Disclaimer: My friends tell me its because I'm a touchscreen Noob. Iphone users tell me the N1 keyboard is the same as the Iphones.

Apps -
Where the fark are my apps!
Can't use google voice because I'm in Asia,
Gaming is crap, the VoIP apps which I got it for doesn't have a good option right now (Skype lite charges vs the free iphone version), and the
Facebook app sucks dick. E.g. I can view my own photos on its native app, which gives me fullscreen viewing - but when I click on my friends photos, it opens the browser and directs me to m.facebook.com. Great.
Music default app sucks cock. Can't do a lot of navigating properly and how the hell do I import Album art properly...and syncing?? where SYNCING!!!!!! Also, my friend tells me: "dude, your N1 can't even produce enough bass to power my headphones properly". I tried looking for an equalizer to blast his eardrums and prove that my N1 was the shizzles. None.
Localized & HK Personalized apps from HTC which was awesome for many Hong Kong HTC android users - e.g. Bus/Train/Public transport route app, HK's best restaurant review app, all blocked by N1. (Error: can only be used by HTC phones)

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not to threadjack, but I have the Eris.

The battery life sucks. Can't last half a day. I don't particularly want to carry around a charger.

The keyboard is a little hard to use although the correction system is pretty good.

The facebook app sucks. Can't even delete my own comments.

The phone's a little slow in its response times. apparently has an outdated processor (but i'm not sure im willing to sacrifice speed for battery life)

Besides those four, I absolutely love my phone.

pretty much seems as same as toilet's ducks problems except for the processor (ps I think if you wanted more power maybe you could use a handheld amp, but not sure if you want something that annoying)

/end derail

r...

Reaction score
Hate the trackball, its a blemish on an otherwise beautiful phone.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Good insights. Still haven't seen one in the wild yet.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm having a pretty good time with the new device. I used to use an HTC Magic (called the myTouch in the USA) and liked the form factor. I rooted and updated the firmware to 2.0 and the performance improved plenty. To the previous poster using the Eris, I suggest you root and update as well, the machine becomes a LOT more responsive afterwards.

I haven't had any issues with battery life yet, I was hoping typing on a big touchscreen would be easier than the smaller Magic but it isn't really much better. Here's hoping for a hard keyboard.

As for the trackball ... well, it's a mixed blessing. Smaller than a d-pad and much more effective than those goddamn optical pads (former Samsung Epix user, loved the keyboard and form factor of that) but a d-pad still seems preferable.

Camera is really nice.

Would like to see how it performs with video someday, maybe there will be a VLC port for the phone someday.

The colour of the screen is really warm, I don't like that aspect. Bit too red.

I miss hard buttons. Why the **** isn't there a PHONE button on a PHONE. It bothers me that I have to tap tap tap tap taptaptapptapta to make a phone call. Similar sentiments apply for all the other buttons.

Speaker is better than expected but ringer seems a bit soft.

Haven't tried the speaker jack yet but it's a proper 3.5mm one which is nice.

Charging is via micro USB, bit of a pain **********. Is there a mini-USB to micro USB adapter out there?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yfyf

Charging is via micro USB, bit of a pain **********. Is there a mini-USB to micro USB adapter out there?

Yes. I bought one from eBay for about $2 shipped. Search for "motorola micro usb adapter."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads