• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sea Shepherd's new boat vs Japanese Whalers

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
That's where we part ways...you couldn't pay me enough to eat you.

Would you sacrifice a cashmere sweater for me?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
youngscientist;2822375 said:
imatlas;2822286 said:
Nice little logical FAILacy you've got going there.
Nah, just not going to be a hypocrite. From what you have said you are not, I would be. I do think should not protect whales, it just annoys me how self righteous people get about this stuff, whilst doing things that are just as bad themselves and prioritise protecting things that are prominently visible or cute whilst neglecting what are often bigger issues.
Agreed. Sharks are being harvested at an incredible rate, and 99% of the meat is thrown overboard. Nobody really gives a **** because sharks are scary and ugly.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Would you sacrifice a cashmere sweater for me?

Never! You'll pry my cashmere from my cold, dead fingers!

CBDB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
...Simply, as a just society, we need to help protect all species that cannot protect themselves.

Some **** just makes you go WOW. I only hope you can't vote.

CBDB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
...Simply, as a just society, we need to help protect all species that cannot protect themselves.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBDB
Some **** just makes you go WOW. I only hope you can't vote.

And you can go **** your Canadian self.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Ady Gil was way too awesome of a boat to let these douchebag fishermen get away with this. The fact these fishermen deliberately destroyed one of the coolest speedboats in the world, really pisses me off. I sort of want to donate money to their cause, in hope they will build another one.

Also who the hell rams a boat off the coast of Antartica? If that other boat hadn't been there these people could have easily died.

"The Shonan Maru did a quick turn and came in real fast, they were aiming for the cockpit, where the crew were, and fortunately we got the engines in reverse and backed up just enough so that the front of the ship was torn off instead of hitting the cockpit.
Truly a dick move on the part of the Japanese fishers.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well if they were going to **** up the boat they should have just given it to me.

CBDB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
The Ady Gil was way too awesome of a boat to let these douchebag fishermen get away with this. The fact these fishermen deliberately destroyed one of the coolest speedboats in the world, really pisses me off. I sort of want to donate money to their cause, in hope they will build another one.

Also who the hell rams a boat off the coast of Antartica? If that other boat hadn't been there these people could have easily died.

Truly a dick move on the part of the Japanese fishers.

Not to be any more provacative than I was with the bed-wetter above
devil.gif
but in the video it looks like the speedboat sails into the side of the japanese vessel. I agree that it looks like a very cool speedboat and its just fortunate that no (human) lives were lost. I just wish that there were more constructive ways that the issues could be addressed than jeopardizing peoples lives.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CBDB
Not to be any more provacative than I was with the bed-wetter above
devil.gif
but in the video it looks like the speedboat sails into the side of the japanese vessel. I agree that it looks like a very cool speedboat and its just fortunate that no (human) lives were lost. I just wish that there were more constructive ways that the issues could be addressed than jeopardizing peoples lives.

Yes you are so provacative - is that what they call cocksuckers nowadays?
devil.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngscientist
Has anyone here eaten whale? Only it might taste really delicious, that surely would be a reason to kill them.
We kill and eat pigs using that justification and they are pretty damn smart (although not endangered as some whales are).

I have -- it tastes like bacon. I had whale sushi in Japan... it was pretty good.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have had whale several times. Its really good, like super tender beef.

That aside, Japanese whaling practices are done as "scientific research" with the meat sold to market after the "research" is done. The biggest problem with this is that it has only amounted to one paper published. The demand for whale meat is also very low here. A couple years ago the head of the Ministry of Health (think like the Surgeon General), announced that the mercury content of the whales that were sold in most grocery stores were so high in mercury that a single bite would be detrimental to pregnant women. Since then the demand has been so low that most of the meat rots in storage before its ever prepped and sold, or its used in government subsidized school lunches. So please, when you state your argument about whaling don't blame the Japanese as a whole, its the government. The government here sucks.

As a side I do believe that the whaling continues because whalers are hard of hearing and think they are hunting Gojira (Godzilla) since the Japanese word for Whale is "Kujira"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads