• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

wrenhunter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by progressiveminded
Again, how are we talking about $230?
Yeah, both jacket and trousers were already on sale. Add in the 20% code & free shipping available at the time, you get a pretty good deal.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I also like J.Crew suits because I'm not constantly worried about them getting a nick or pucker here or there. Peace of mind is important. If something worse happens to them it will only ruin my day rather than my week. I also have a larger drop so I can buy separates and save quite a bit on waist and leg alterations. The last one I got needed about 1/4" let out of the sleeves and 1/2" off the cuffs and that was it. I think they'll even do those for free in store if you have a J.Crew card.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I also like J.Crew suits because I'm not constantly worried about them getting a nick or pucker here or there. Peace of mind is important.

+1
I can wear a J.Crew jacket on a day out with my young nieces and nephews without worrying that they will wreck it. If it is damaged it can easily be replaced.

gin8u

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Pop Quiz:
Which of these "colors" can't be found in the J.Crew's men section of their catalog(There are 6)
Light Cactus, Soft Apricot, Brick, Resort Pink, Portland Grey, Dark Wood, Yellow Corn, Old Brown, Dusty Baltic, Carolina Blue, Dark Chestnut, California Smog, Earth Brown, Pale Surplus, Deep Root, Bali Blue, Dark Pumpkin, Authentic Red, Vintage Kelly, Bisgue, Golden Olive, Light Bayberry, Lakeside Blue, Green, Rusted Orange, Tomato, Banana, Cool Charcoal, Voyage Blue, Old Robert Red, Heather Waterfall, Hard Apricot, Heather Spice, Autumn Plum, Dark Fatigue, Heather Dusk, Chalkboard, French Blue, or Tartan Green

these are my guesses (without looking at other answers)

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chief Touching You
I picked up the grey utility chambray today. I love it.

I picked up the blue one today. Nice details and good quality. Might have to get the red too.

xanatos

Reaction score
THey got the red chambray at my store . I tried it on for to see what the fuss is all about

its really blousy and has a more orange-ish look to it. uh oh

TintoTerra

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chief Touching You
Did you see the red one at the store?
I should have said that mine 'arrived today'. I ordered it online, along with a pair of the new cargos which are also well-put-together and seem high quality so far.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why does J.Crew?

Charge $20 for a box of crayons and $30 for a notebook

Not make a slim fit shirt

Sell almost 40 different pairs of boots

Give free shipping for Crewcuts orders, but the second you add a pair of $4 women's socks you get hit with $25 worth of shiping costs

Charge $42 for a linen pocket square

Sell Boy's Classic Wing Tips and Red Wing boots

xanatos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Why does J.Crew?

Give free shipping for Crewcuts orders, but the second you add a pair of $4 women's socks you get hit with $25 worth of shiping costs
s

WHY are you buying kids clothes and womans pantyhose you sicko!
tounge.gif

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xanatos
THey got the red chambray at my store . I tried it on for to see what the fuss is all about its really blousy and has a more orange-ish look to it. uh oh
They've always been blousy, but it's not like it matters since I get all my button downs tailored. The orange-ish that you speak of though, I'll def have to check that out at a store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics