• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sea Shepherd's new boat vs Japanese Whalers

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
well, I guess if we could figure out a way to communicate with dolphins and monkeys it would expand the field of your potential sex partners.
I trust that science will provide me with answers soon enough. But still, no monkey or dolphin will ever measure up to Bea...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
I don't get the point of a lot of **** but I don't wish the people who do it death nor do I think we should disregard cultures/traditions which are different from ours and lastly, why the phuck would I want to talk to Flipper or care what he would have to say about anything? If the whales are so smart, let them figure out a way not to get killed.

It's not different from ours, we used to do the same stupid **** and then wised up.

At least in the Moby Dick era the whales could occasionally pwn some sailors.

It's easy to laugh it off because "save the whales" is a cliche for wooly-headed environmentalism, but sometimes, environmentalists do have a point. And not killing what might be the only other sentient life-form on earth is a pretty good one.

I can't believe I came out of SF semi-retirement to argue about ******* whales.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get the point of a lot of **** but I don't wish the people who do it death nor do I think we should disregard cultures/traditions which are different from ours and lastly, why the phuck would I want to talk to Flipper or care what he would have to say about anything? If the whales are so smart, let them figure out a way not to get killed.

Do you also suggest we tell children who are molested that they should try to figure out a way to not get diddled?

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Anyone who supports whaling, for any reason, cultural or otherwise, is pretty fucked in the head.

Agreed.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
Do you also suggest we tell children who are molested that they should try to figure out a way to not get diddled?

so molested children now equal whales.

This forum constantly amazes me at how much regard for animals it has, and how little regard for humans.

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so molested children now equal whales.

This forum constantly amazes me at how much regard for animals it has, and how little regard for humans.

No humans > animals, but that was an asinine thing to say on your part.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not different from ours, we used to do the same stupid **** and then wised up.

At least in the Moby Dick era the whales could occasionally pwn some sailors.

It's easy to laugh it off because "save the whales" is a cliche for wooly-headed environmentalism, but sometimes, environmentalists do have a point. And not killing what might be the only other sentient life-form on earth is a pretty good one.

I can't believe I came out of SF semi-retirement to argue about ******* whales.

so it it alright for you t put you cultural values an higher level than tthe people that suport whaling. but you would probaly disagree when peta freak say the samething to you abotu eating meat.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here eaten whale? Only it might taste really delicious, that surely would be a reason to kill them.
We kill and eat pigs using that justification and they are pretty damn smart (although not endangered as some whales are).

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, I guess if we could figure out a way to communicate with dolphins and monkeys it would expand the field of your potential rejections.
FTFY

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe
so it it alright for you t put you cultural values an higher level than tthe people that suport whaling..

Yes.

Originally Posted by scarphe
but you would probaly disagree when peta freak say the samething to you abotu eating meat.

He doesn't have to disagree about what peta says about eating meat. He might ignore it but why disagree with facts. Has peta said anything false about meat?

http://www.peta.org/

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
Yes. He doesn't have to disagree about what peta says about eating meat. He might ignore it but why disagree with facts. Has peta said anything false about meat? http://www.peta.org/
so whaling is inherently wrong? because most western societies do not do it anymore. is cultural superioty really that easy to proof?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by quevola
No humans > animals, but that was an asinine thing to say on your part.

only topped by your molested child remark.

I assume you eat no meat and are anti the slaugther of any animal, as I can't see how you would reconcile that with your anti-whaling stance. Unless you are only anti-whaling due to extinction, but then not all the whales hunted are in danger of extinction. Norway and Iceland also whale hunt.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just don't get the point of whaling. It's like purposely being an asshole for no good reason.

+1.

I place little value on human life because there are so many of us, and most are worthless on an individual level. I'd save a whale over a person any day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads