• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whole Lotta Cars, How, How, How

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
No final decisions.

The owner died suddenly and unexpectedly.

If they were all put on the market immediately as a whole, I think the market for these type of cars would be depressed.

Expect to see groups of them offered at auction over the next 2 to 3 years.

If anyone ( like my musician friend ) is truly a Big Timer, and has interest in something, PM me. At the very least you can avoid the Buyers Premium of an auction. I'm no Big Timer and I would have loved to see them stay in Houston.

There are other collections with many gems but few if any this large and eclectic. 1,000+ cars with everything from Duesenberg SJs with Bohman and Schwartz Coach Work, the Popemobile, both Batmobiles, Howard Hughes first car, some of the first AC Cobras, Delahayes, Talbotts, Bugattis, Aston LaGondas, many turn of the century RRs and Peugeots etc, and human interest cars like Hank Williams Jrs. customized Bonneville and 3 Presidential Limos as well as Kings cars. It really is overwhelming.

PS: And the primo 1948 Tucker. That would be nice to have in the garage
smile.gif

Has Jay Leno come sniffing around yet?, he's certainly got the cash and passion for everything in this collection.

ms244

Reaction score
If its not a Chaika then its either a 55 or a 56 Packard
1955_packard_caribbean_i4pc.jpg
I want one

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
If they are selling i want some of these..Drop an email if you know they are
smile.gif

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing these pics. Amazing!

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Thanks for sharing these pics. Amazing!

+1

This post totally makes up for all your strange, rambling, crazy-old-man posts.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your friend.

Not into cars but two things pop into mind - (1) it's awesome that he owned the Batmobile (two of them actually) (2) that Hank Williams Jr car is the most awful, tacky thing I can recall seeing in recent memory.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
Has Jay Leno come sniffing around yet?, he's certainly got the cash and passion for everything in this collection.

Yes, he has as has all the Pebble Beach,Kruse Auction, Peterson crowd. The # of buyers for this type of stuff is not large.

Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
Any late '20s to early '30s Packards? (Eights or Twelves)

They have both.

Originally Posted by ANIKETOS
If they are selling i want some of these..Drop an email if you know they are
smile.gif

If you are serious and capable PM me. You would do better now than at auction. They are looking at a 2 to 3 year window to disperse the cars in an orderly manner, maximize the value and not depress the market.

Originally Posted by Threak
+1

This post totally makes up for all your strange, rambling, crazy-old-man posts.

Well, Thanks I guess. I'm just not of the hip hop generation nor an Obama man.

The musician who I was with is a long time friend who is close to the car collecting world ( he has quite a collection himself ).

As to the " rambling, crazy-old-man posts" there might be some truth in that. But as long as one person is interested ( and it is true ), I'd rather post about Howard Hughes, Frank Mann, Craig Cullinan, the Hunt Brothers, Rex Cauble, Ron Jeremy, Larry Flynt and other legendary characters than a pair of Selvadge Jeans. I think redcaiman said he reads my historical posts. If no one read them, I won't post them.

I could do a blog, but I don't care to.

A turn of the Century car:

ClassiccarswithBFG057.jpg

To a 1949 DelaHaye:

ClassiccarswithBFG050.jpg

To a pristine 1956 Corvette:

ClassiccarswithBFG045.jpg

There will probably never be an as large and eclectic car collection in the world assembled by an individual.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amazing post.

Please share some of these stories with us - they're fascinating!

Mblova

Reaction score
May your friend RIP.
That car collection is a living textbook of history. Man If I could own some of those cars, I'd give up my left nut.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a 60's Batmobile. SO cool.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
And one of my deceased friend's very favorites, a 1936 Duesenberg SJ with Bohman and Schwartz Coach Work:

ClassiccarswithBFG035.jpg

Quoted for excellence. Christ what a beautiful car.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads