• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylar
Also, where can I get a legit grey Sterlinwear pea coat?

i'm going to hazard a guess and say Sterlingwear

baba booey

Reaction score
I picked up the Schott 740N for around $119 shipped. Overral construction of the coat was good and did a good job of keeping me warm. However, the thing fit like a box. I am normally a 40R in jackets and picked up a 40 in the Schott. The arms were fine, chest and shoulders were HUGE. Re-sold the thing for what I paid on flebay.

nystyle86

Reaction score
Called Sterlingwear and ordered the "specification coat," it was $250. I have to wait 4 weeks for them to ship it because my size 34S was not in the inventory. I hope winter does not pass by the time I get it.
lol8[1].gif

zipidy928

Reaction score
Hello Fellas

My first post here. I really enjoyed reading about your inputs on pea coats
smile.gif

I want to purchase a navy pea coat but I am down to two choices. Can you guys help me decide?

http://i46.tinypic.com/35l93k7.jpg

The left one is by Fidelity ($112)
The right one is by YMCL/Buzz Rickson ($238)

Thanks!

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSC02495.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

I got this coat as suggested by another forum member. It is made by Fidelity. It is very slim fit and is warm without too much bulk. Not bad for the $100.00 I paid.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks a lil too tight for layering? can u fit anything else under it comfortably?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
looks a lil too tight for layering? can u fit anything else under it comfortably?

It is tight, but i can layer a light sweater under it. I was going to send it back, but living here in Charlotte, NC, I do not need to have heavy layers very much. I usually just have a light sweater or shirt under it. If it is really cold I just use a scarf.

nystyle86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zipidy928
Hello Fellas
I want to purchase a navy pea coat but I am down to two choices. Can you guys help me decide?

http://i46.tinypic.com/35l93k7.jpg
The left one is by Fidelity ($112)
The right one is by YMCL/Buzz Rickson ($238)Thanks!

I really like the way the coat on the right looks, better cut and has a sharper appearance. I don't know which one is better in quality though. If you're indifferent to how they look, then just get the Fidelity one since it's cheaper.

dcsenge

Reaction score
Some one please help me out here. I have posted this question before here with no reply. I have a 196X's Pembroke pea coat that I got in brand new condition with tags on it. It also still has the soldiers service number across the back and I would like to remove it. Please let me know if anyone knows how to get this off. THANKS Derek

basho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nystyle86
Called Sterlingwear and ordered the "specification coat," it was $250. I have to wait 4 weeks for them to ship it because my size 34S was not in the inventory. I hope winter does not pass by the time I get it.
lol8[1].gif

I'm waiting for them to make a 34L, but oddly they didn't give me an ETA, just said to call back in a few weeks. I guess we have to wait until they make another batch for the military.

zipidy928

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.K
DSC02495.jpg

DSC02496.jpg

DSC02497.jpg

I got this coat as suggested by another forum member. It is made by Fidelity. It is very slim fit and is warm without too much bulk. Not bad for the $100.00 I paid.

Hi Mr.K,

May I ask where did you buy your Fidelity coat? How's the quality?

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by baba booey
I picked up the Schott 740N for around $119 shipped. Overral construction of the coat was good and did a good job of keeping me warm. However, the thing fit like a box. I am normally a 40R in jackets and picked up a 40 in the Schott. The arms were fine, chest and shoulders were HUGE. Re-sold the thing for what I paid on flebay.

Schott does make a slim-fitting model. I'm selling one, check my sig. The thread also has the schott link so you can find the style number.

click here

Reaction score
When wearing peacoats, are you not meant to button the bottom button?

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt it. In casual settings sure, but if i'm outdoors working or if it's cold out, that button is buttoned. Holler.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads