• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I will make my own determination as to which presents the lesser of two evils tomorrow.

You are going to have to go watch it in regular old 2D just to make sure.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So apparently the problems I was seeing stemmed from the fact that the best theater in town is apparently not the best theater in town for a 3D presentation. I would have thought the bigger more expensive screen would have the better projection technology, but I guess not.

better projector makes a HUUUUGE difference with this movie. first time i saw it, it took about 30 mins for my eyes to adjust and for me to quit saying "meh."

2nd time was on this thing: http://blog.originalalamo.com/2009/0...ge-digital-3d/ and the difference was unbelievable. the blurriness and focus-hooey were gone. it was like being on acid instead of shrooms, if that helps at all....
teacha.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
better projector makes a HUUUUGE difference with this movie. first time i saw it, it took about 30 mins for my eyes to adjust and for me to quit saying "meh."

2nd time was on this thing: http://blog.originalalamo.com/2009/0...ge-digital-3d/ and the difference was unbelievable. the blurriness and focus-hooey were gone. it was like being on acid instead of shrooms, if that helps at all....
teacha.gif

The Sony 4K system is pretty much the top of the line digital projector at the moment, if you are lucky enough to have a theater with one. A movie shot in IMAX level quality and presented in IMAX will still destroy it, but those are few and far between.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
this theater has beer, too

I am familiar. It's one of the top theaters in the country.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol. Just wow. I guess Cameron is on to something here. Maybe something will finally beat Titanic?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol. Just wow. I guess Cameron is on to something here. Maybe something will finally beat Titanic?

Yeah he's definitely on something...
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ lol.

When I read reviews and saw that the resource the nasty humans were after was called unobtanium, I actually assumed that the reviewer was just trying to be funny. When I saw the movie I couldn't believe that they actually called it that.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How this movie got any positive review boggles my mind.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
The Sony 4K system is pretty much the top of the line digital projector at the moment, if you are lucky enough to have a theater with one. A movie shot in IMAX level quality and presented in IMAX will still destroy it, but those are few and far between.

But then you are talking about the largest film (movie, um not still photography for clarification) format being used today, with the largest screens and the most comprehensive sounds systems in a commercial setting found today.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
But then you are talking about the largest film (movie, um not still photography for clarification) format being used today, with the largest screens and the most comprehensive sounds systems in a commercial setting found today.
And your point is? This is pretty much exactly what I said, but with more words, and regurgitated as some sort of alternate opinion.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads