• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Yessir

Although, I chafe slightly at Jake Gyllenhall being represented as "Persian".

mickey711

Reaction score
Is anyone excited about Epic Mickey? The art looks amazing:
Epic-Mickey-Concept01.jpg
epic_mickey.jpg
Epic-Mickey-Looking-More-Real-More-Amazing.jpg
1512.epicmickey_2D00_cover_5F00_single.jpg
Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the in-game screenshots.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Specter has been hit or miss in recent years...let's hope he creates some Ion Storm-era magic here.

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
^^ Specter has been hit or miss in recent years...let's hope he creates some Ion Storm-era magic here.

That reminds me of John Romero's Daikatana:
1179372927_bitchad.jpg

Boy, that game was a stinker.

But I thought that Specter's recent games, Deus Ex (including it's sequel, Invisible War) and Thief were pretty good.

terb3ar

Reaction score
^ Agreed. Highly recommend Deus Ex. Once you can get past the ancient graphics and what feels like odd controls, you'll find that it really is deserving of all the accolades it's earned.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well Thief DS was a big disappointment, while opinions about Deus Ex 2 are mixed at best (never played, personally). He (almost) gets a pass just bc Thief 1, Deus Ex, and System Shock were such revolutionary games.

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
Well Thief DS was a big disappointment, while opinions about Deus Ex 2 are mixed at best (never played, personally). He (almost) gets a pass just bc Thief 1, Deus Ex, and System Shock were such revolutionary games.

I thought Thief: Deadly Shadows wasn't bad. It's not quite up to par with the first game, but few stealth games are. The only issues I had with the game was the AI and how it got tedious at times.
Invisible War was also not as impressive as its predecessor, but, as with Thief 1, the original set a very high bar.
Opinions of the game were indeed very mixed because some felt that the gameplay was dumbed down.

Originally Posted by terb3ar
^ Agreed. Highly recommend Deus Ex. Once you can get past the ancient graphics and what feels like odd controls, you'll find that it really is deserving of all the accolades it's earned.

Brb, reinstalling the game. I haven't played it in a while.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Not technically based on a video game, but Final Fantasy Spirits Within is alright. Or at least, so I thought.

Good point, I liked FF. The graphics are amazing.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Mortal Kombat

I'll admit to owning DVD copies of Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat Annihilation. The former was passable, the latter was horrible. I don't know why, but I really liked Linden Ashby's portrayal of Johnny Cage.

I also have some of the Mortal Kombat Conquest TV show episodes on VCD; again not great quality but I kinda enjoyed them in a mindless way.
laugh.gif

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Hoo boy, Jax had some real stinkers in terms of lines. "I wish I had these [robotic arms] in high school!" Sigh.

I will say, Sandra Hess was MUCH better as Sonya Blade .....

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do I want Counter Strike Source (It's still $20 (!!)), or is there something more current in the same genre where I can pwn some noobs with a mouse and keyboard? MGSOnline isn't working still, but I'd rather play on PC if possible anyway.

Helix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Team Fortress 2 is 20 bucks. Or you can spend 10 more and get the orange box, which has the entire kitchen sink of HL2 in it, which is definitely worth playing if you never have.

Or you could just get Modern Warfare 2.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have the orange box and I played through HL2 and tons of TF2 but I want something more like CS, so I guess MW2 is what is the newest that-type-of-game.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
P.s. if anyone in this thread hasn't already seen this, you should: http://www.purepwnage.com/episodes/s1/1/ Just started watching it again, still hilarious. To dude holding a squid-like thing: "Uh, give me a call next time you're cooking......Metroid..."

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I have the orange box and I played through HL2 and tons of TF2 but I want something more like CS, so I guess MW2 is what is the newest that-type-of-game.

So you'd like a an online FPS that's balanced? Modern Warfare 2 is hardly balanced, as there's almost always several people using the M203, Akimbo 1887s, Tactical knives with the commando perk, etc.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

jackson5.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads