• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apple f***ing sucks

hixatchi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde
i got my first mac (for logical reasons too)... as a PC user since 1993 im actually extremely impressed with how slick and smooth everything is out-of-the-box... i thought osx would be weak on customization and tweaks but i havent felt the need to do it

I use the mac at home and its been really really stable no crashes... however i work with and support windows server pc's all day and we have many problems, no way am I going to use that at home and have to configure my computer at work and at home after all the problems with pc's...

on the other hand these problems keep me employed
smile.gif
god bless microsoft...doe!

Intelligent Design

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
You have been re-educated and are now another cog in the corporate advertising strategy cooked up in Cupertino, California in the 1980's.

In a starbucks?

Originally Posted by Dragon
And for the record, I don`t go to Starbucks, as their coffee tastes horrible.
smile.gif

Did you just edge out the edginess of regular apple users?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I love MAC. The best response to somebody who likes to talk about their MAC is to refer to them, and the company, as MAC.
teacha.gif

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apple Customer Support is horrible. Very poorly trained - if trained at all.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by telemark
I use a mac, but I don't tell people about it on internet forums
eh.gif

lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by ninetofivereject
lol i agree what the **** are they doing in there,get your **** and go home...you dont see PC users hanging out at the Bestbuy....or how about the douchebags that set up an office at the local starbucks for 8 hours every day,10/10 are mac users

I agree about the Starbucks part, but obviously you haven`t seen the Microsoft store yet.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
Apple Customer Support is horrible. Very poorly trained - if trained at all.

ARE YOU FOR REAL?

Apple has some of the best customer service in the tech biz. You call them and get a real person, who speaks in an understandable accent. Don't want to call? You can make an appointment in a store and real person helps you out.

Try that with Dell... you can't. Calling Dell CS means that you get to talk to someone in India, and you can;t take your computer to a Dell store (they don't exist).

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Understandable; however, there are advantages to running both simultaneously.

Such as? I don't recall having been in a situation where a VM would've helped. But then again, I don't use my mac very often, and when I do use it and need to switch to Windows, it's usually for playing games.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
Such as? I don't recall having been in a situation where a VM would've helped. But then again, I don't use my mac very often, and when I do use it and need to switch to Windows, it's usually for playing games.

Personal example: all of my music is set up on my Mac OS iTunes. If I wan to use AutoCAD, which only exists for Windows, I run VM so I can use AutoCAD and listen to my music at the same time.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used itunes on a PC and it was a horrible goddamn experience. Itunes is literally the worst piece of software I've ever had the displeasure to use. It simply doesn't work, and obviously wasn't designed by anyone with any interest in music.

If that's the quality of their flagship product then I want nothing to do with them.

mickey711

Reaction score
Personal example: all of my music is set up on my Mac OS iTunes. If I wan to use AutoCAD, which only exists for Windows, I run VM so I can use AutoCAD and listen to my music at the same time.
You could just use Foobar or a similar app and add all of the songs to the library so that you can simply switch to Windows, listen to music and use AutoCAD at the same time. And they'd run much faster too.
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I used itunes on a PC and it was a horrible goddamn experience. Itunes is literally the worst piece of software I've ever had the displeasure to use. It simply doesn't work, and obviously wasn't designed by anyone with any interest in music. If that's the quality of their flagship product then I want nothing to do with them.
I think the worst thing about iTunes is its use of resources, which is ridiculous for a multimedia app. I stick to VLC for movies and Foobar if I want to listen to some music.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
I used itunes on a PC and it was a horrible goddamn experience. Itunes is literally the worst piece of software I've ever had the displeasure to use. It simply doesn't work, and obviously wasn't designed by anyone with any interest in music.

If that's the quality of their flagship product then I want nothing to do with them.

Agreed. iTunes is probably the worst piece of bloated crap ever, and last I tried, literally impossible to completely uninstall without a complete format.

Chaos P. Bennu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
What a joke. I thought this was supposed to be a pleasant experience but this f***ing computer is a *************, there is nobody to help, it crashes, my iTunes account (which worked fine before) suddenly is no longer valid, none of my prior purchases are recognized, and the whole experience is like dealing with the MVA. Mac sucks, don't buy into their ****. They're as bad as MS. Worse when you consider the attitudes.

And Tokyo Slim, if you chime in with any "I told you so" **** I am going to fly out to Seattle and bash your head in with this ******* computer.

what is the MVA?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The problem with VM is USB doesn't work with the guest OS. At least, not with VirtualBox, haven't actually tried VMWare.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads