• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sq4you
I think the cut of the jacket, pocketsquare, color of the gloves and the fact that he is holding a full size umbrella is too formal for the bottom. its workwear forced upon formal. the large cuff on the jeans looks terrible in this scenario. the red of the shoes is different from the pocketsquare and collar. the white shoelaces are also way too informal for everything else. would be much better with properly hemmed jeans and some nicer dress shoes, maybe like brown suede.
this is really funny. are you for real? this is easily the dumbest critique of a fit pic ever on here, mainly because you're taking yourself so seriously in trying to point out all that you see "is wrong".
Originally Posted by video2
Man, you look bad.
thank you. this coming from the guy with that brioni jacket ^^^ is a compliment of the highest order.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you're taking it too personally. I have to agree with him that the top and bottom half of that fit pic don't jive at all. The cuffed jeans and shoes come off as way too casual for the rest of it.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GS you look great. Long coat, jeans, cuffs, the whole bit. That look is what I wear a lot of the time actually.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
GS you look great. Long coat, jeans, cuffs, the whole bit. That look is what I wear a lot of the time actually.
long coat, jeans, cuffs can be perfectly fine. but when you wear your cuffed jeans and work boots do you also select a jacket with a velvet (sorry if i got the material wrong) collar and a pocket square? i like the top alone or the bottom alone but if you're gonna be so formal up top at least put on different laces so it doesnt look like you know who.
ronald%20mcdonald%20shoes.jpg

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
this is really funny. are you for real? this is easily the dumbest critique of a fit pic ever on here, mainly because you're taking yourself so seriously in trying to point out all that you see "is wrong".

Teddy boy? Nice homage, in my opinion.

__CB__

Reaction score
Agreed with some of the comments about GS's fit, curious if he would've put together the same fit back home? Sometimes when travelling (with a limited wardrobe) you just gotta make do with what ya got.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __CB__
Agreed with some of the comments about GS's fit, curious if he would've put together the same fit back home? Sometimes when travelling (with a limited wardrobe) you just gotta make do with what ya got.
thank you. at least some one GETS IT, when you travel you have a really limited amount of stuff you can bring, and when I buy a new coat I just want to wear it with whatever I have on hand. Sometimes the small mindedness of this forum disguised as being "informed" is laughable. Ideally I'd pair the crombie with a pair of oxblood brogues. But I'm a big fan of the boots/braces with crombie look as well. that original critique just sounded like a real **** talking, about the color of the different burgundies not matching and ****.
Suedehead. it's a look...if you're into that sorta thing.
of course you know what's going on Dave.
3282409148_9fe107bc2d.jpg

__CB__

Reaction score
^ Have done the same thing many times myself - practicality wins out over impressing SF anyday.

Razeus

Reaction score
Just picked up a black/white gingham secret wash button down collar shirt from J. Crew. $16
2 pairs of the Bowery pants in Navy and brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads