• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure Tom has said we need atleast five per order.

I have some fairly good idea's about models which fill good niches that are needed while also being better fitting with a slimmer modern aesthetic.

I like slimmer lasts, they are just much more elegant. I understand people love the ye' ol' gunboat style, it just looks like garbage and really kills alot of superb models for me. Certain details are overused (commando soles, crepe soles), plenty are under (last, heel tab, balmoral styling, medallions, flex welts, storm welts, loafers) and some just scream to be produced (unlined cigar / revello/whiskey/#8 shell cordovan plaza lasted penny loafer on flex welt)

If peoples want to do this and / or want me to map out some more ideas let me know, there is not unique stuff going on at the moment, and people just buy the same old boring Aldens over and over.

schrike

Reaction score
I might be interested in some custom orders, depending on what it is. I only have one good pair of shoes so far, so I'm looking to build my shoe collection, and would like some slimmer shoes (I'm tall and really slim, but wear a 10D in TruBalance last, so I need something to make my feet not look too huge).

I currently have a pair of AF53, which are awesome boots, and would certainly be interested in more Aldens.

mrsmiff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BBSLM
Can I buy these anywhere besides Steven Alan? SA is sold out in my size. I need a size 8.5

http://www.stevenalan.com/product.ph...roductid=17637

alden_white_318x427.jpg

You don't want them, and they're discontinued.
I found out that they're just a stock orthopedic shoe from Alden. I special ordered them in my size (same size you wear in a Barrie) through my local alden store, tried them on, and passed on them. They're poorly made compared to the Alden New England shoes, the finish is awful for $360.

KBW

Reaction score
anyone selling any distressed looking indys right now? I already have the regular ones

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrsmiff
You don't want them, and they're discontinued.
I found out that they're just a stock orthopedic shoe from Alden. I special ordered them in my size (same size you wear in a Barrie) through my local alden store, tried them on, and passed on them. They're poorly made compared to the Alden New England shoes, the finish is awful for $360.

orthopedic aldens? wtf? ill pass. thanks for the heads up.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
I like slimmer lasts, they are just much more elegant. I understand people love the ye' ol' gunboat style, it just looks like garbage and really kills alot of superb models for me. Certain details are overused (commando soles, crepe soles), plenty are under (last, heel tab, balmoral styling, medallions, flex welts, storm welts, loafers) and some just scream to be produced (unlined cigar / revello/whiskey/#8 shell cordovan plaza lasted penny loafer on flex welt)
Shell cordovan is out of my budget, but otherwise I'm keen to know what you come up with. I would confirm with Tom regarding the 5 per order business, then start a thread with a few options. Whichever ones get sufficient interest from SF members could then be ordered from Alden. In all seriousness, I reckon there is sufficient interest from SF members to get more than 5 orders on the right shoes.
Originally Posted by LandoCal126
IMG_0996.jpg

Woa... Now that's what I'm talkin' about...

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I say 5 orders? I don't remember. Bottom line, if I like the idea, I'll make it, regardless if there is interest or not. I've made shoes in the past because customers gave me their ideas and I liked them.

Please keep in mind, the choices are very limited. Alden is pretty conservative when it comes to makeups. Plus, stuff like cigar, whiskey, and ravello are pretty much out of the question.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those "little tanks" look quite similar to Leathersoul's snuff flex boot. The stitching is slightly varied and the soles are different.

I love both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics