• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quick easy meals

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's occasionally that time where you're starving and you really need to make a quick and easy meal. What is yours?

For me if I have a little bit more time I will boil some noodles and then mix it with peanut butter and soy sauce. Sometimes if I have rice I mix it with rice but I prefer it with noodles. If you have a little bit more extra time, throwing in some chopped green onions (especially on the noodles) is boss.

Another thing I like to do with instant noodles is to fry an egg (let the pan be really hot and sizzling with oil, pop an egg or two in and don't stir it and just let it be all crispy) and then put it in the remaining instant noodle soup so it can soak up some of that unhealthy but tasty soup base and then eat that egg.

Also if you're the type of person to have that lardy/bacon grease **** in your fridge, mixing it with rice and soy sauce is also really tasty.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy three kinds of meat, grind each in two different sizes, and make a burger.

Hartmann

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust.

MarquisMagic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
I buy three kinds of meat, grind each in two different sizes, and make a burger.

I save time by searing with a blowtorch!
laugh.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hartmann

Sounds like a healthy breakfast, we wont need your mother at all.

OP, your meals sound really gross, sorry man I can make much better quick meals and do often. For instance, if I am feeling lazy ill make a gratin with frozen shoestring potatoes, and a BÃ
00a9.png
chamel sauce with sausage, mushrooms, garlic, bacon salt, and a little Tabasco. Pour a little olive oil and the sauce/meat/vegi mix over the potatoes in a casserole or gratin dish. Add a little shredded cheese on top and toss in the toaster oven (or my case small convection oven) and cook at about 200C for 15min. Its filling, fast and good.

terb3ar

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
OP, your meals sound really gross, sorry man I can make much better quick meals and do often.
Yeah...

Want a quick meal? Eat that stuff straight out of a can. Vegetables, vienna sausages, SPAM. Mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boil some pasta

Pour on some heated Marinara sauce.

Yum!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
keller's coq au vin

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
fish fillet garnished with ginger, leeks and light soy sauce, steam in already boiling water for 10 min or less. serve over rice.

cold soba noodles with dipping sauce and wasabi.

pan-grilled shrimp over salad.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a healthy breakfast, we wont need your mother at all.

OP, your meals sound really gross, sorry man I can make much better quick meals and do often. For instance, if I am feeling lazy ill make a gratin with frozen shoestring potatoes, and a BÃ
00a9.png
chamel sauce with sausage, mushrooms, garlic, bacon salt, and a little Tabasco. Pour a little olive oil and the sauce/meat/vegi mix over the potatoes in a casserole or gratin dish. Add a little shredded cheese on top and toss in the toaster oven (or my case small convection oven) and cook at about 200C for 15min. Its filling, fast and good.

Well I can make and eat my meals in less time than it takes for you to cook your little casserole.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to enjoy my food, even if its fast, eg I dont make gross ass Soysauce/Peanutbutter Spaghetti. 20min for prep and cooking is totally acceptable for a fast meal. Besides mine will taste better, not something I need to slam down my throat like you would to teh Conne Penor. Mine is more on par with a Kwilk, you know rich, creamy, well made yet quick to finish, not sloppy and reaking of whisky and Angela Lansbury.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like to enjoy my food, even if its fast, eg I dont make gross ass Soysauce/Peanutbutter Spaghetti. 20min for prep and cooking is totally acceptable for a fast meal. Besides mine will taste better, not something I need to slam down my throat like you would to teh Conne Penor. Mine is more on par with a Kwilk, you know rich, creamy, well made yet quick to finish, not sloppy and reaking of whisky and Angela Lansbury.

laugh.gif

JakeTS86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hartmann

Alright pie, I'm gonna be doing this....and if you get eaten, it's your own fault!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads