• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nexus One

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Damn, even the iPhone only costs $360 more a year for the data plan.
It's misinformation. Vz charges $30/mo for the data plan, just like everybody else. BTW, pricing leaked earlier today via Gizdomo. It's $530 for a straight phone, or $180 subsidized by TMo (with a 2 year contract, obviously).

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...ck-out-on-att/

Unconfirmed tip on BGR about AT&T 3G. Would make sense for GOOG to do this IMO otherwise, as I've said in this thread, why even bother with an unlocked version. Other than TS being a special flower I mean.

I am the most special flower. I bend Google to my will!!!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
It's misinformation. Vz charges $30/mo for the data plan, just like everybody else.

T-Mobile charges $30. Should I have opted for the Droid, I'd have had to pay $45.99 to Vz.

$550 a year for a data plan? No thanks. Not when my home DSL is half that.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
I bought one

kthxbye.

Let us know how you like it.

Between this and the HD2 reportedly also going to T-Mobile I might have to switch carriers.

I currently get 24% off my bill with AT&T. I should see if T-Mobile offers a similar (or better
bounce2.gif
) discount.

zatarregaza

Reaction score
I was wanting one but my TMobile account isn't up for renewal anytime soon. And there is no way in the world I'm spending $500 on a phone. For such hoopla around the release I was expecting something more novel. The only real novel idea out of this whole release is that the phone is sold independent of a wireless provider - at an over-inflated price at that. Big whoop!
I figure I'll root my G1 for now. By the time I ******* up I'll be eligible for the next Android-based phone that'll overtake the Nexus One.

Looking at other things coming out at CES 2010... I'd much rather have a super-slim laptop/smartbook for $200 a la the one Marvell designed for use with their Armada 510 processor. That it was designed without Windows/Mac OS intended is an even bigger plus.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want this, and would potentially buy an unlocked version but I know those bitches at Sprint aren't going to let me activate it on my SERO plan.
ffffuuuu.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
T-Mobile charges $30. Should I have opted for the Droid, I'd have had to pay $45.99 to Vz. $550 a year for a data plan? No thanks. Not when my home DSL is half that.
Do you live in the middle of bumfuck America that they have to charge you a $15.99/mo premium? I and everyone I know pay $30/mo for unlimited data for the Droid.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you live in the middle of bumfuck America that they have to charge you a $15.99/mo premium? I and everyone I know pay $30/mo for unlimited data for the Droid.

I live in Houston, TX and according to their website the data plan on the Droid (or any smart phone) was going to run me $45.99 per month, and that doesn't even include texting.

Went for the LG enV Touch with unlimited data and texts, and am quite happy w/ it. The only major gripe I have with it so far is that it doesn't natively sync address/calendar with MS Outlook, but there is a workaround that works kinda halfassed. So at least I didn't have to type in 400 contacts into the phone. It was still incapable of syncing the addresses though, just numbers and emails. *shrug.

Anyway, I'm very excited about Android OS but have no problem waiting to see what's available in 2 years. So far it seems all I am missing out on is having to go home to upload my pics from the parties I go to onto Facebook, as opposed to all my friends being able to upload them directly from their phones.

In 2 years I'm assuming phone and data prices will be down (hopefully), and there should be a nice repository of apps by then.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
I live in Houston, TX and according to their website the data plan on the Droid (or any smart phone) was going to run me $45.99 per month, and that doesn't even include texting.

Went for the LG enV Touch with unlimited data and texts, and am quite happy w/ it. The only major gripe I have with it so far is that it doesn't natively sync address/calendar with MS Outlook, but there is a workaround that works kinda halfassed. So at least I didn't have to type in 400 contacts into the phone. It was still incapable of syncing the addresses though, just numbers and emails. *shrug.

Anyway, I'm very excited about Android OS but have no problem waiting to see what's available in 2 years. So far it seems all I am missing out on is having to go home to upload my pics from the parties I go to onto Facebook, as opposed to all my friends being able to upload them directly from their phones.

In 2 years I'm assuming phone and data prices will be down (hopefully), and there should be a nice repository of apps by then.

Dude, what are you smoking? I just configured a Vz wireless plan for the Droid via verizonwireless.com using the Houston 77007 zip code. The email and web for smartphones plan is only $29.99.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dude, what are you smoking? I just configured a Vz wireless plan for the Droid via verizonwireless.com using the Houston 77007 zip code. The email and web for smartphones plan is only $29.99.

Smoking nothing and I was quoted $45.99 for 77081.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads