• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

joedoc

Reaction score
1st post here on styleforum - really enjoying this site and looking forward to participating,

Right now...drinking a glass of 2003 Tenuta Poggio Il Castellare - Brunello Di Montalcino. Fantastic.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about to make cosmos for my wife and I. 3/4 oz Fresh squeezed lime, 1/2 oz Cointreau, 1 oz Cranberry, 1 oz Vodka. It is a recipe I got from Pravda years ago. I don't care if they are girly drinks. These are excellent when made with real lime.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet it would be better with gin.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I'm about to make cosmos for my wife and I. 3/4 oz Fresh squeezed lime, 1/2 oz Cointreau, 1 oz Cranberry, 1 oz Vodka. It is a recipe I got from Pravda years ago. I don't care if they are girly drinks. These are excellent when made with real lime.

I'd go more on the Vodka - I usually make mine 2 parts vodka, 1 part cranberry, 1 part triple sec, 1 part sweetened lime juice (Rose's). Then again, maybe the lack of sweet from Rose's needs less vodka to balance?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy

For the cranberry, I use Trade Joe's unfiltered. Really adds to it IMO.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
For the cranberry, I use Trade Joe's unfiltered. Really adds to it IMO.

+1

But then I use Rose's which gives it the sweetness ... TJ unfiltered with real lime juice and you might have a very different cosmo from mine ...

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A healthy pour of Talisker Distillers Edition, very nice fruity sweetness before the pepper kicks in

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
+1 But then I use Rose's which gives it the sweetness ... TJ unfiltered with real lime juice and you might have a very different cosmo from mine ...
Fresh lime would really give the drink some pop that the mummified flavor of Rose's cannot simulate. Were I making Cosmos, I would use the best Cranberry I could find, fresh lime juice, and would correct the sweetness as needed with simple syrup. ~ H

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mariage Freres Arabie tea - green tea with rose petals and mint.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
How does that make your ****** feel?

I'll let you know after I finish my pint of frozen yogurt.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mikkeller Nelson Sauvin Single Hop IPA - a great IPA. Tons of maltiness and hoppy bite tempered with the sweetness of berries and grapefruit. A very nice beer. Will defiantly go and get the rest of the single hop series and do a vertical tasting.

Rokkenbole

Reaction score
Bitter
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads