• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gregaz
GMIPL0616.jpg

Photos of Philadelphia always bring back good memories of the 2 yrs I lived there!!

Spizzy

Reaction score
Welcome Spizzy. Looking good - as others have noted, experiment with a different tie know (I had to unteach myself the Full Windsor when I got to SF), but the fit is very nice.

Thanks! I actually never tie a full-windsor, this was a half- but the tie is a thick material. I shall try a four in hand next time.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Welcome Spizzy. Looking good - as others have noted, experiment with a different tie know (I had to unteach myself the Full Windsor when I got to SF), but the fit is very nice.
Why did you have to unteach it? It can be great look with the right collar and body/ facial type.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how old are you, young man?

Originally Posted by Tibor
Stopping in for some coffee before I go out dancing and drinking tonight. I apologize for the mobile phone quality.

1882 Dunlap and Co. Beaver Bell Curve Top Hat
1890's Full Evening Dress with matching vest
Modern self-tie silk bow tie.
1950's pocket watch
White Rose picked from my garden
I will be buying more Bell Curve Silk Plush top hats soon and assembling a more complete morning dress ensemble.

17039_221545962608_585207608_264681.jpg

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I covet this outfit. While rather costumey by S/F standards, it's still sharp as hell, and with the right swagger you can surely pull it off.

Where did you pick up the evening dress? It's stunning!

17039_221545962608_585207608_264681.jpg

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So jealous of that 1892 black tie rig T...excellent! March 12, 1892 was the day my great-grandfather entered the US with 2 bags and $10 in his pocket...he would have dreamed f that tux...of course he was 6'2", so perhaps his dream the suit would have been a 44L!

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
new year's eve (our digital camera appears to be from the future), decided to go with a suit instead of the tuxedo to see a jazz show and drink/ revel a little.

Kennedy Center, no? Takes me back to my NoVa days...soft-shell crab at Sequoia followed by a show by the NSO...good times.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New Year's Day at gramma and papa's...

IMG_5147.jpg

IMG_5157-1.jpg

Specifics
JCrew Cap
Vintage Tweed Sportcoat
BR Cotton Sweater
A&F Flannel Shirt
Bills M3 Khakis
Alden for JCrew Whiskey Longwings
MCFC Scarf (Mancini-like)​

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NaturalShoulder
NYR - How do you like the M-3? They look good.

Thank you...they're not as slim as I would have imagined...certainly not like Incotex. The cotton is nice and heavy and they seem to be well constructed.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
aha-- I was guessing around twenty. In addition to old-timey costumes, hope there are a few H&M or similar suits for looking like you're in your 20s and enjoying it
smile.gif

I am 22.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
I covet this outfit. While rather costumey by S/F standards, it's still sharp as hell, and with the right swagger you can surely pull it off.

Where did you pick up the evening dress? It's stunning!

Thank you. I feel very natural, comfortable, and confident in my Full Evening dress. IMHO the full Evening dress is something timelessly elegant and romantic. To me it is a symbol of chivalry and honor. It represents some of my values, which I happen to feel very deeply in my soul. To me the tail coat and top hat is a form self expression, and I truly believe that self expression is the celebration of life.

The tailcoat was given to me by a friend.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
aha-- I was guessing around twenty. In addition to old-timey costumes, hope there are a few H&M or similar suits for looking like you're in your 20s and enjoying it
smile.gif

If I was in an H&M or trendy suit, that is the moment I would be wearing a costume.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I feel very natural, comfortable, and confident in my Full Evening dress. IMHO the full Evening dress is something timelessly elegant and romantic. To me it is a symbol of chivalry and honor. It represents some of my values, which I happen to feel very deeply in my soul. To me the tail coat and top hat is a form self expression, and I truly believe that self expression is the celebration of life.

The tailcoat was given to me by a friend.

I've my eyes out for dress like that in a long time - still looking, obviously!

By best addition recently was a 1930s/40s DB tux with grosgrain lapels. That tux makes me feel confident and elegant both - much more so than the trendy Boss 3btn notch lapel I picked up a few years ago.

Congrats on that acquisition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads