• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I got bootcut jeans for Christmas...

mehhhh

Reaction score
...and I actually kind of like them?

I guess my mom found these Perry Ellis bootcut low rise dark wash jeans for like 85 million % off when she was shopping for me. I promised to try them on, I've been wearing them all night now and I'm kind of starting to like them. I have wide hips and a large ass, I think they kind of balance that out.

I'm always a skinny, slim, or at least straight kind of guy. Is it 'bad' for me to put these in the rotation? What kind of footwear goes best with a wider leg opening?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
yes its bad you should feel bad

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great thread. I know there is a kind of footwear that goes great with bootcut jeans. I just can't remember what it is.

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wider leg generally calls for chunkier shoes. Put up some pics so we can tell.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
I'm always a skinny, slim, or at least straight kind of guy. Is it 'bad' for me to put these in the rotation? What kind of footwear goes best with a wider leg opening?

Don't let SF instill a neurosis that it's "wrong" to wear any kind of cut other than slim/straight. Bootcut is just as valid as any other cut -- not every bootcut is a bunch of TR bullshit. That said, aren't there a lot of fans of RRL's slim boot here?

Need to see pics, but they probably look nice.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
...and I actually kind of like them?

I guess my mom found these Perry Ellis bootcut low rise dark wash jeans for like 85 million % off when she was shopping for me. I promised to try them on, I've been wearing them all night now and I'm kind of starting to like them. I have wide hips and a large ass, I think they kind of balance that out.

No, because you admittedly have wide hips and a large ass, so please stop wearing skinny jeans.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kenneth cole square shoes.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skinny is so 2009. You're a trailblazer, son.

mehhhh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylin-1
No, because you admittedly have wide hips and a large ass, so please stop wearing skinny jeans.

I know this is the general rule. I really do. But they still look good. Skinny is probably an overstatement of what I'm talking about. Slim/straight is probably more accurate.

My two favorite pairs of jeans are A. Reynolds 32/32 Wilshire fit and some older Gap Morrisons also in 32/32, but I have some American Apparel slim trousers in 33/32 that fit nicely also since they're a size too big.

Anyway, the more I think about this, the more I'm not liking the bootcuts. I was wearing them last night with some Adidas shells and I kind of felt like a 10th grade girl wearing LEI flarez. I will relegate them to bulky square boot duty only.

How hard is it to sew? As in physically break out a sewing machine, tear the flares out of the jeans, and sew them into a very slim flare?

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sewing isn't that hard. Especially what you want to do.

Damn, I'm starting to feel like Mary Poppins in here today...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Ludeykrus and uncuntrol, the hick and the freak, both endorsers of the flare. You make the call.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads