• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

ranker

Reaction score
Can anyone who owns a Sterlingwear Peacoat tell me how blue is their "navy" color?

Is it similar to this navy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220523175840

or

this "purple": http://cgi.ebay.com/M3TRO-Luxurious-...item79127ff563

or is it just basically black as far as the eyes can tell?

In addition, which model is the slimmest cut with the highest armholes? I've seen a few models named, but the rough consensus is the "Authentic". Is that correct?

I live in California and I'm looking for a slim navy pea coat. I normally wear size 36US/46IT jackets. My chest size is 37". I'm 5'8 @ 150lbs. My waist is anywhere from 30" to 31". I choose 36US over 38US in suit jackets because my shoulders are small and typically fit better in a 36.

Now, the question is, assuming I choose the slimmest version, would I size down to a 34R or would I stay at a 36R because my chest is 37"? Once again, I live in Southern CA and I'd be minimally layering if at all.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ngl9
hey, i bought this jacket but i think it looks a bit boxy near the waist. What do you think? i was thinking of moving the buttons farther apart to give it more of a slim fit. also, the shoulders fit good - it's a bit tight and restricts movement...

and...is it possible to alter the width of the sleeves? it looks kinda thick =(

without buttoning. also i folded in the sleeves because they are too long.

is this a sterlingwear grey?

chomeo

Reaction score
^^ i bought it and returned it. the fit is loose or boxy and not slim fitting which I prefer. also, the jacket felt cheap and of inferior quality. It's possible that I've been spoiled by the quality of Krane's, NDG, and W+H's coats...

jslay301

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been looking at some peacoats and I have found one that I like in the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/M3TRO-PREMIUM-QU...item33575bc7fb

However, upon further research, i found that the clothing offered by this seller is a knock off and the quality of the material is not very good. I was wondering if anyone knows what the original maker of this coat is?

I appreciate any help regarding this matter!

amnesiac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jslay301
Hi guys,

I've been looking at some peacoats and I have found one that I like in the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/M3TRO-PREMIUM-QU...item33575bc7fb

However, upon further research, i found that the clothing offered by this seller is a knock off and the quality of the material is not very good. I was wondering if anyone knows what the original maker of this coat is?

I appreciate any help regarding this matter!

i say that if only because the seller is called 'M3trosexualo' that you should get it.

the posting title has 'quality' in its name, that can't ever be good. also, that's a lot of waist suppression.

Sixth_Sense

Reaction score
Alright guys so I tried searching in this thread and picked up a few details here and there.

Can someone confirm if this sounds right?

I'm between 5'11'' and 6'0',' and weigh between 145-and 150 lbs.

I'm aiming for a nice, slim-look. Would a Sterlingwear Authentic 34L accomplish this?

ADDIC

Reaction score
10wtoud.jpg

Finally arrived today. Only $53. Def. happy with the fit.

Yggdrasil

Reaction score
What length coat from Sterlingwear should someone who is between 5'6" and 5'7" get?
Short or Regular?

epsilon

Reaction score
Opinions on the Calvin Klein wool-blend peacoats available for sale today at RueLaLa? I don't expect much at the price point ($99, supposedly $295 retail) but I'm curious to see if anyone is familiar with it.

enigma7

Reaction score
hey guys, need help. i purchased the navy peacoat from american eagle in medium and small. the small was slightly snug with an oxford underneath and the medium seemed little too boxy. how much give should there be between the chest and coat?

also i am now thinking about checking out the authentic from sterlingwear and was wondering if anyone knew of retailers in maryland that carry their peacoats

thanks

Dillardiv

Reaction score
opinions on wearing brown WH boots with a black sterlingwear coat?

jpo

Reaction score
Ha! Everything I do ends up in his book.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads