• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone!
DSC01627.jpg

Fierce model walk/pose/facial expression.
DSC01629.jpg

This one will be "Guess the labels."

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Happy New Year everyone!

Hard to see but I think I'd go with different f/wear to complete the wealthy whitey casual look.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You look kind of like Alain Delon here.

And are those your MJK pants? They fit well.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, thanks though, MJK pants are cut very differently. They're Carin Wester, they have a slightly low crotch and she usually styles them high waisted. I'm wearing them slightly higher than I usually wear pants. They have a somewhat relaxed leg with a nice taper and a pretty skinny leg opening, I like them a lot. Meant to stack. PS: thanks for the comparison
inlove.gif
RE Warlok: Was going for a Carin Wester/Patrik Ervell vibe, that's why I used the db's and the candystripe shirt. Hard to escape the overwhelming reach of the business casual monster. I tried.
lol8[1].gif

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RW: this looks really sharp! To me, it does look a little naked without a belt (or are you wearing suspenders/braces?). But that's just a personal preference (or perhaps I'm showing my age).

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Just, no belt or suspenders. I think it's a little more relaxed than with a belt, this is always a point of divergence for different people. I think it works in some contexts and a belt just fits better in others. Didn't try this with a belt though because I like the way CW styled the top block of these slacks, wanted to show it off a bit.

oneblood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
You look kind of like Alain Delon here.

No.

The outfit looks good though I think it would look better with more upscale footwear.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
RE Warlok: Was going for a Carin Wester/Patrik Ervell vibe, that's why I used the db's and the candystripe shirt. Hard to escape the overwhelming reach of the business casual monster. I tried.
lol8[1].gif

Well the rest of it is sharp and the fit is great. I would probably try the somewhat overdone move of rolling the pants and/or some cordovan bluchers, or something like that to avoid the BC vibe.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
lol, raf suit dude, Mr Black was it? Dude, you have less swagger than my spit.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
lol, raf suit dude, Mr Black was it? Dude, you have less swagger than my spit.
rotflmao.gif
I tried to be nice about it, I guess this is the way it's done on sufu. Thanks for all the great compliments everyone, I was hoping people might get the Ervell reference with the dbs but that's okay.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads