• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to know if gucci loafers are real?

wctaylor

Reaction score
So I received a pair of gucci loafers for christmas and am wondering if they are actually genuine gucci. They are black with the gucci emblem embossed in the leather and have a gold bit with gucci printed on it as well. The reason I am skeptical is that I have never seen another pair of shoes that looks like this anywhere on the internet. Suggestions?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fill them with rocks and throw them into a lake.

If they sink, they're real.

If they float, counterfeit.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Fill them with rocks and throw them into a lake.

If they sink, they're real.

If they float, counterfeit.

I thought it was the other way around.

That's what I recall when I asked the sales associates at the Beverly Hills Gucci store.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You gently squeeze them like you are doing a manual mammogram, then...wait.
plain.gif

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FAKE

for the following reasons:

- there should NOT be the engraved "Gucci" on the buckle (fakes, in an attempt to attract the name-brand whores, put as much logo on the merchandise as possible)

-the insole appears to be made of pig leather. That's cheap, that's skimping like fakes always do. Cutting corners. REAL gucci loafers would've used glove-tanned kid skin as insole material.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They must be real, surely Santa doesnt deliver fake Gucci ??

To the OP it doesnt really matter though does it ? As you werent going to really wear them were you ?? BTW that isnt a multiple choice question !!
fight[1].gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I saw these loafers on a Russian guy the other night.

He also kept the sleeve tag on his "Versace" suit and wore an open-collared shirt with large gold chains.

He had a fat wad of one-dollar bills.

Baller.

wctaylor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
I think I saw these loafers on a Russian guy the other night.

He also kept the sleeve tag on his "Versace" suit and wore an open-collared shirt with large gold chains.

He had a fat wad of one-dollar bills.

Baller.

I never claimed to like the damn things i just wanted to know if they were real or fake before i tried to sell them.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Not a condemnation of you, but the shoes, and the people who do like them simply because of the logo.

artoftime

Reaction score
Indeed - these are a rare material makeup known as "pleather" - I have heard that they will out-burn a 2 hour Duraflame log in a fireplace - with far superior color variation!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads