• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many pairs of shoes do you own??

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Let's do this anonymously, for all ya'll that are afraid to admit the truth.

And no cheating - I don't care if they are sneakers, climbing shoes or bedroom slippers. Count them.

fareau

Reaction score
I am still recovering from the paralysis of reading marc39's description of his collection (see A Harris' link in the other post); I must have missed that the first time it was posted.  To call it replete would be an understatement.

I do have two earnest questions for members who have accumulated a similar quantity: where do you store your shoes and how often do you wear each pair?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where's the option for 0 pairs?
tounge.gif
Seriously though, I've got about 20 pairs. I only wear a handful on a regular basis. 1. Black Steve Madden's with the 4 stripes on the side. 2. Puma retro-style running shoes, beige with red trim. 3. Black monk-strap shoes. 4. Light brown slip-in dress shoes. 5. Brown suede Bruno Magli slip-on shoes. 6. Light brown leather trainers/shoes. 7. Brown slides/sandals. 8. Black Too Boot NY slides/sandals. 9. Tan/red/white Diesel flip-flops. 10. Cross-trainers for the gym or for running.

Brian SD

Reaction score
My favorite pair of shoes is my pair of Brown Asics Onitsuka Tigers. Love those thing. Don't have any nice (C&J, EG, etc) dress shoes. Waiting for something cheap to pop up on eBay
smile.gif

Looking to improve

Reaction score
I'm in the 1-10 range, but my collection will probably expand within a year or two.

MtB

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If had the bucks, I'd get at least ten pair of Bespoke from Cleverly, EG, Vass, etc.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Goodness gracious, fellas. Looks like I need some more shoes.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I voted in the 10-20 range, but if you include Tommy Bahama flip-flops, slippers, cowboy and hiking boots, I think I'm over 20. I was under 10 this time last year- then caught the shoe geek thing from all of my compatriots here.

My latest find is a pair of Ralph Lauren Edward Green loafers purchased last Friday at a Nordstrom Rack. They're burnt pine, have the famous EG slip stitch (sort of reversed under split toe), and are on the 86 last. For the price I paid I'm not sure if I want to wear them or sell them, especially as they're a tiny bit tight in the arch, and a bit loose in the heel. They are 10/10.5. Anyone interested?

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
...then caught the shoe geek thing from all of my compatriots here.
Welcome to the dark side.
wink.gif

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently added a pair of Bruno Maglis to my shoe collection. I bought them off of eBay for cheap. They're brown. They fit perfectly.

I also have a pair of C&J's coming in from Plalalalalalal.

thc

Reaction score
I have A. Testoni, Ferragamo, J.M. Weston, To Boot Adam Derrick dress shoes. For casual shoes, I have Hogan and Bally sneaker-style shoes. For loafers, i have Tod's and Camper. For my tennis & running shoes I have Adidas. For hiking, I wear Salomon.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you with large collections or small closets (or both), I wanted to mention that I recently purchased some cedar shoe racks from www.dann-online.com that have resulted in a huge increase in organization in my overstuffed clothes closet. The racks are made by Woodlore, which is owned by Allen-Edmonds. I got four of the "large" racks, in cedar, and have them stacked (they are stackable) "two and two." Not only does the closet smell nice with the cedar, the racks are sturdy, look great (organization is a good thing) and hold five pairs of shoes each.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics