• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you tailor your tee shirts?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I put a little line of stiching from the armpit to the sleeve end, just to tighten the sleeves a little. I hate the look when your arms don't fill out the sleeves. I do it by hand, so it's quick and free.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've taken in the body of a T a few times just for practice. They fit better afterwards.
thumbs-up.gif

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to, (tapered them myself, going to a tailor is just dumb to me) then I discovered Alt App.
inlove.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do people really walk into a tailor's and ask to have their tee shirts altered? And do this with a straight face? And don't get laughed at?

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No.

Besides my Army-issued shirts and a few sets of letters, I don't wear t-shirts.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Yes, I put a little line of stiching from the armpit to the sleeve end, just to tighten the sleeves a little. I hate the look when your arms don't fill out the sleeves. I do it by hand, so it's quick and free.
I do this sometimes, this is not tailoring. Taking a t-shirt into a tailor would be preposterous.

Davine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88

That sounds interesting. Can you post a picture of a tee altered like this?

adidasaj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davine
That sounds interesting. Can you post a picture of a tee altered like this?
Yeah I'd be curious too.... I've never even thought about it before.

But I do have a few t-shirts that I wish fit a bit better in certain areas.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
buy an Alternative apparel tshirt. those are perhaps the best fits i have ever experienced in a tshirt vneck tshirt. they are a little blend, and they stretch and snug around your torso and arms for a fitted look.

Originally Posted by Big Punisher
I used to, (tapered them myself, going to a tailor is just dumb to me) then I discovered Alt App.
inlove.gif

I've searched high and low for the perfect fitted t-shirt, closest I've come is Boss, and thats not that close. Plus its freaking expensive.

Could you post pics of the AA shirts on a real person? ie, you.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
I've searched high and low for the perfect fitted t-shirt, closest I've come is Boss, and thats not that close. Plus its freaking expensive.

Could you post pics of the AA shirts on a real person? ie, you.

ive been wearing my vnecks to work alot , i dont want to post a photo of me just yet as i kind of ballooned up a bit due to the holidays and eating, but take a look at the thread where james nicolas is selling his tees:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=98912

here you have a bunch of photos of the tshirts and go to the website for alt a and see the models wearing them. that is all i can help you there but it gives you a sense of what kind of style and cut they go at.

i would say in my honest estimation/opinion, the prices (even james nicolas prices) are a little steep for a tshirt of this make, but the cut is so great so fabulous (out of none i have seen so far) that i didnt mind picking up 8 different tees and v necks.

they are so comfortable.
they stretch and snug to your body
they are of a good quality
they wash so simply.
they dont shrink or stretch out
the cut is tremendous.
the v necks are actually versatile, wear it with jeans or wear it with an odd pair of trousers/ dress pants

i paid about 18 or 19 bux per shirt (a little hefty for a tshirt vneck) but i needed these. cant find another cut like this.
he will charge you 10 bux for an order per ship though. that kind of cancels out the deal somewhat but still i went ahead and did it.
did i regret it? no . i love these shirts.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did look at their site, and the shirts look good on those models, but those models are almost anorexic when compared to myself. Checked ebay for some "real people" models. Bingo! And they look like they aren't very aggressively tapered at all.
frown.gif
blackcrew.jpg
BR looks better tbh. I actually do have a couple BR shirts, but they aren't perfect either.
br361689-12p01v01.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads