• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos A Bank - Buy 1 get TWO free

Razeus

Reaction score
Just thought I let you know the sale they've got going on.

shasta

Reaction score
suits are garbage and their pricing games are annoying. (i.e. why make me buy 3 suits, how about 1 for 1/3 the original price.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
suits are garbage and they pricing games are annoying. (i.e. why make me buy 3 suits, how about 1 for 1/3 the original price.

I talked with someone who used to work in their purchasing dept. She said they get blazers from China for $60 and retail them at whatever price they do!

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
suits are garbage and their pricing games are annoying. (i.e. why make me buy 3 suits, how about 1 for 1/3 the original price.

Oh, they do have sales where you can get one suit at 70% off with some regularity. At that discount, their Signature Gold suits strike me as pretty decent values--certainly compared to a lot of the Boss, Burberry and whatnot you see being sold out the outlets for appreciably more.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Wow, they pay that much for their blazers?

That's what I told her... :)

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
that sounds like a great deal but it is psychological play that small-timer marketing does at mediocre brands.

if these were items from clearance you can pick up buy 1 get 2 free, then yeah that is a psa to talk about.

but these are from original retail prices. basically 67% off of each. but you know what? you end up taking 3 of them not just one.

you see those signs everywhere: buy 1 get 1 50% off.

oh yeah? why is it always cole haan? why is it always bally or johnston and murphy?

i say you go into a store like johnston and murphy and you were duped enough to buy a pair of shoes for only 25% off that is bad enough,
but if you end up with two at 25% off (basically what the buy 1 get 50% off is) then they are doing
fistbump.gif
as you walk out the door.

it is their way of saying, "hey we got some trash we want to get rid of, but hey, please buy 2 at the crap price you got instead of just one. please"

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Shameless plug for a bet-it's-still-cheaper-than-the-sale NWT JosABank executive blue blazer that I got 2 years back in just such a sale but have since determined that at 6'3 I'm better suited to a 3B
smile.gif
See link in sig!

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
it is their way of saying, "hey we got some trash we want to get rid of, but hey, please buy 2 at the crap price you got instead of just one. please"

biggrin.gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Oh, they do have sales where you can get one suit at 70% off with some regularity. At that discount, their Signature Gold suits strike me as pretty decent values--certainly compared to a lot of the Boss, Burberry and whatnot you see being sold out the outlets for appreciably more.
Not to mention better style and construction than similarly-priced suits at Men's Wearhouse. And Jos Bank does not make us suffer through horrible commercials. If I knew a young guy needing to get a wardrobe started I would say it is a hell of a deal.

enginerd917

Reaction score
While tempting since I do need a suite, I was not impressed/pleased with the fit at all. They seem, like most RTW, to be cut for the overweight crowd imo.

Not sure what line I tried, the Signature Gold might be better than what I experienced.

viator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrDaniels
Not to mention better style and construction than similarly-priced suits at Men's Wearhouse. And Jos Bank does not make us suffer through horrible commercials. If I knew a young guy needing to get a wardrobe started I would say it is a hell of a deal.
I'll have to switch to your cable provider, because on my TV we get absolutely inundated with the cheesiest, low-budget JAB ads you've ever seen. Seriously, the ads for the local car dealer and personal injury lawyers are better put together.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
JaB on Sale?

No WAY!

Originally Posted by edmorel
Wow, they pay that much for their blazers?

It is rumoured but not confirmed that they are going to have a "Buy none, get one free sale".

That should stir up interest!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads