• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carlo Franco

jcriswel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redtree00
Contact info

http://math2.eku.edu/newalumni/alumniinfo.asp?AlumID=76&DeptID='MAT'

laugh.gif

Aha... what's the cliche? You can run, but you cannot hide.

hws

Reaction score
I look the web page from link in this topic, much of this designs is enough for give me mal de tête, also much design look similar of spermatozoom!
facepalm.gif
Originally Posted by m@T
IIRC correctly, 'Carlo Franco' was the name of Chuck's grandpa....perhaps they didnt want to turf it for emotional reasons - but ya, from a business viewpoint, I agree with you.
I have much doubt this person Franke is of Italy, is not normal name Italian, you are sure is not of Deutschland or Österreich?
Originally Posted by FIHTies
Nothing negative from me. Is there a halo smiley? There ought to be. Besides,
smack.gif
I
smack.gif
want
smack.gif
Audrey
smack.gif
back
smack.gif
just
smack.gif
as
smack.gif
much
smack.gif
as
smack.gif
the
smack.gif
next
smack.gif
guy.
devil.gif

You speak this name Audrey, you can to tell who is this person? You have make sex with this person, or want make sex with this person?

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hws
I have much doubt this person Franke is of Italy, is not normal name Italian, you are sure is not of Deutschland or Österreich?
there was a backstory to that which I can't recall that involved changing the family name when immigrating to the US...something to that effect.

Flamboyant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
From AAAC

Makes you wonder.

For now, let's not turn this thread into a rehash of old wounds or it will be shut down. Give them a chance to get on their feet.
Hope beaman gets the same treatment over there.

Styk33

Reaction score
The email I received was from when I signed up for their newsletter on their website. I have a different email address for every website I visit. So I can track who sells my email address. I have been doing this for 8 years now and it works quite nicely to track where spam comes from.

hws

Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
there was a backstory to that which I can't recall that involved changing the family name when immigrating to the US...something to that effect.

Is possible this persons fabricate this name only for to sell thing made in Italy?
In the world exist much restaurant with cuisine they will to claim is Italian, but is no really Italian, maybe menu have few Italian word, restaurant have Italian name derivation, operate by Albanian and other!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
HWS - You're new. You're wrong. Let us probe this no further. Thank you.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I for one think any mention of CF here is unnecessary except for the usual barbs.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
yup, like I said, came straight here when I got the email to see what the board thought of it all....the noobs who werent around for the saga however tend to muddy the waters.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
Strange thing is that I've never ordered anything from them or even contacted them, yet, I got the same email. I suspected AAAC sold my email address to them.
plain.gif

A preposterous and unsubstantiated accusation. And I wont say more in this thread.
Originally Posted by mussel
I did receive the email. May be I jumped to conclusion too quickly. I don't know exactly how they got my email address, I just used process of elimination and AAAC seemed to be the most obvious. P.S. Are you one of the Malindae?
Ha, no I am not one of the Malindea
smile.gif
, but the implications of your Post was that is that AAAC and the actual administrators of the site, or those that had access to the email list may have benefited from selling that list which is something that Neither Andy nor any of the (current) moderators that would have access to the list would do. I am pretty sure that Andy himself got burned as well with this whole CF matter.

I know what you are Definitely-Not-Hinting-At there, and it is an interesting thought that I certainly hope is untrue.

jcriswel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by newtrane
http://www.facebook.com/chuckfranke
Hmm... it seems Andy and Chuck are friends on FaceBook. Personally, I believe Andy has the utmost integrity. He has supported and stood up for many people. There's no question in my mind about Andy's motivations - he's trying to do what is right. I firmly believe that. On the other hand, Chuck has a serious perception issue he must address. It's not unlike the circumstances Tiger Woods finds himself in now. Chuck has to be honest and forthcoming with those who were previously hurt with his irresponsible actions if he hopes to resurrect his internet business. Honestly, if I were him, I wouldn't even try. It appears he has a good day job. Why sign up for the enormous task of relaunching Carlo Franco? Under the circumstances, I think his attempt to relaunch his business would be a full time job for several people who have the business acumen to do so. What he is attempting is not for the uncommitted or the faint of heart. I don't mean to judge based on past performance, but it's all we have to go by. He has wavered in the face of adversity before when the task was not as daunting. How will he handle the current set of challenges? History indicates he does not have the resources to succeed. Andy's right though... we should not jump to conclusions and should give the guy a chance to prove himself. Personally, I don't think he has a prayer and wonder why in the world would he try.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcriswel
Andy's right though... we should not jump to conclusions and should give the guy a chance to prove himself.

That should be quite simple. R E F U N D $ O W E D.

As an aside, why is Alex so intent on seeing Chuck get back on his feet?

jmark

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he want to try again?
Sure he has a lot of work to do, but if he wants to make things right and has a chance, I think he should give it a shot.

jmark

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads