• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
But it's a POS that you didn't spend your own money on, so, you know, it doesn't matter. Just get something you can live with. Gap isn't wonderful but they have some do-able garments. I think their jeans, khakis, and cords, etc., are good for what they are.

let me restate that: my gap blows. Just like my H&M blows but the one 1/2 hour away in a different mall is pretty good. That baracuta fit me a lot better than the real one I got from England that cost 4xs as much. I wish I could get baracuta quality in a GAP size.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
Been curious about the CDB... what do you guys think about the Lynx model on Davidz? I kinda dig em...

I think they are kind of weird but with jeans you won't see those big eyes so maybe they are cool, but what do I know I thought the cougars looked cool

splattered

Reaction score
Originally Posted by underwearer
I think they are kind of weird but with jeans you won't see those big eyes so maybe they are cool

I think they look better on the Davidz site than on zappos... maybe i can google and find fit pics or something. Hmm... Wanting to pick up a pair of those or the reg ones either way.

jaac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KBW
I REALLY want those purple ones...do they actually sell those? All i'm finding are burgundy

You could try PM'ing JKissi , pretty sure its his mate in the photo. I'd guess they are either vintage or the burgundy ones just the photo making em look different.

Where are you finding the Burgundy, hook us up with a link.
smile.gif

@underwearer : I feel for you, getting gift certs is the ******* anus. It's like saying "i only thought enough to **** you over", used to get them for countless **** stores, lucky i just traded them for cash with Mum. Could always buy a bunch of basics or socks or hell even some present for someone with it.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
I think they look better on the Davidz site than on zappos... maybe i can google and find fit pics or something. Hmm... Wanting to pick up a pair of those or the reg ones either way.

definitely get the regular ones if you don't have a pair already. Those are pretty sweet. Ive been wearing mine every day since I got them.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
let me restate that: my gap blows. Just like my H&M blows but the one 1/2 hour away in a different mall is pretty good. That baracuta fit me a lot better than the real one I got from England that cost 4xs as much. I wish I could get baracuta quality in a GAP size.

Are you talking about a GAP version of the Baracuta jacket, ie, Baracuta x GAP? Or is this a Baracuta-like jacket?

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about a GAP version of the Baracuta jacket, ie, Baracuta x GAP? Or is this a Baracuta-like jacket?

no its a gap harrington "barracuda" or whatever, baracuta style. Its weird and has 2 collars, 1 is removeable. Looks cool on thier website.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...scid=684932002

I have a blue baracuta, and a red ben sherman harrington, but need a tan one.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ask because I have a gap card that I can't find anything to buy with.
Don't quote me on this, but I think you can use that on Piperlime too. They have DBs. PS: Why doesn't anyone rock the brown nubuck or flint suede? I think they both look really good and they don't even have cock veins.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, actually it doesn't look bad in the photo. I'd go for the blue myself.

Looks cheap IRL...I got this one for $30 that doesn't look cheap
http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Sh...1/product.html

I think im gonna look for a tan Fred Perry one, IIRC GetSmart says they fit pretty good.

Then I'll have completed the harrington trifecta of tan, red, and navy

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeh, think I'd go with Ben Sherman over Gap, too. I got a "real" Baracuta on eBay for 35 bucks, though it's not a Made in England version but a circa-1980s Van Heusen version. But it works for me.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeh, think I'd go with Ben Sherman over Gap, too. I got a "real" Baracuta on eBay for 35 bucks, though it's not a Made in England version but a circa-1980s Van Heusen version. But it works for me.

haha I had a van heusen one too! It was too short though, even for a baracuta it was short. The baracuta I got from Oi Polloi is not even Made in England either which kind of pissed me off...$240! Made in Romania wtf? Its a slim fit that fits great except the sleeves are too long. I love that jacket though when its raining it beads water like a ducks ass, and because the sleeves are long you can hold your hands over your head while on the back of a vespa and it doesn't ride up.

I think because the GAP one is tan it shows all the crappy stiching and wrinkles. Blue would look much better, hell maybe Ill get the blue one.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
haha I had a van heusen one too! It was too short though, even for a baracuta it was short. The baracuta I got from Oi Polloi is not even Made in England either which kind of pissed me off...$240! Made in Romania wtf? Its a slim fit that fits great except the sleeves are too long. I love that jacket though when its raining it beads water like a ducks ass, and because the sleeves are long you can hold your hands over your head while on the back of a vespa and it doesn't ride up.

I think because the GAP one is tan it shows all the crappy stiching and wrinkles. Blue would look much better, hell maybe Ill get the blue one.

Yeah, I sized up one to make up for the shortness. I know the material isn't as good as a real Baracuta, but everything else is close enough until I feel like springing for the real thing.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks to whomever linked Davidz, that place has some cool shoes/sneakers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads