• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carlo Franco

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcriswel
Yes, I watched the Carlo Franco thing start up and crash... how long ago was it? It does appear Chuck and Jill are trying to give it another shot. If they are trying to revive this business, their apparent strategy of sticking to their besmirched brand name surprises me. I don't think you could buy a cup of coffee with $5.00 and the Carlo Franco name. This situation still boggles the imagination.

You could buy the coffee. You just wouldn't get it.

Same as the ties.

My sartorial aspirations are just not that high these days ( going in different directions ).

But I would like to get a Beamann or Westmanscott suit in 2010. Well, at least Westmannscott. With him at least you get something for your money. And a bargain it is. Ultimate Bespoke, of course.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
You could buy the coffee. You just wouldn't get it.

Same as the ties.

My sartorial aspirations are just not that high these days ( going in different directions ).

But I would like to get a Beamann or Westmanscott suit in 2010. Well, at least Westmannscott. With him at least you get something for your money. And a bargain it is. Ultimate Bespoke, of course.

Did you sign up for Westmanscoot's "7 Deadly Suit Wearing Sins"? I am now afraid I will inadvertently kill my self due to suit wearing ignorance!

mussel

Reaction score
Strange thing is that I've never ordered anything from them or even contacted them, yet, I got the same email. I suspected AAAC sold my email address to them.
plain.gif

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
Strange thing is that I've never ordered anything from them or even contacted them, yet, I got the same email. I suspected AAAC sold my email address to them.
plain.gif

A preposterous and unsubstantiated accusation. And I wont say more in this thread.

mussel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
A preposterous and unsubstantiated accusation. And I wont say more in this thread.

I did receive the email. May be I jumped to conclusion too quickly. I don't know exactly how they got my email address, I just used process of elimination and AAAC seemed to be the most obvious.

P.S. Are you one of the Malindae?

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
I did receive the email. May be I jumped to conclusion too quickly. I don't know exactly how they got my email address, I just used process of elimination and AAAC seemed to be the most obvious. P.S. Are you one of the Malindae?
Ha, no I am not one of the Malindea
smile.gif
, but the implications of your Post was that is that AAAC and the actual administrators of the site, or those that had access to the email list may have benefited from selling that list which is something that Neither Andy nor any of the (current) moderators that would have access to the list would do. I am pretty sure that Andy himself got burned as well with this whole CF matter.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From AAAC

Makes you wonder.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcriswel
Yes, I watched the Carlo Franco thing start up and crash... how long ago was it? It does appear Chuck and Jill are trying to give it another shot. If they are trying to revive this business, their apparent strategy of sticking to their besmirched brand name surprises me.

Given the lack of business sense that appeared to accompany the aforementioned crash & burn, restarting the business using the same name seems to be following in the same footsteps.

Anyway, IIRC, I used them just the once, and got my two ties. They're OK enough - though far from amazing - but I waited something in the order of a couple of months to receive them. I guess on balance I was lucky...

Given the history since then, I certainly would go nowhere near this business again, regardless of how much of a discount they'd care to offer.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
From AAAC Makes you wonder.
Nah...Gentlemanly behavior and a moderators attempt that all hell doesnt break loose as is wont in topics like this. I am 100% confident that the list was not sold or given to CF or to any of his team.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FIHTies
Ha, no I am not one of the Malindea
smile.gif
, but the implications of your Post was that is that AAAC and the actual administrators of the site, or those that had access to the email list may have benefited from selling that list which is something that Neither Andy nor any of the (current) moderators that would have access to the list would do. I am pretty sure that Andy himself got burned as well with this whole CF matter.

I thought you weren't going to say anymore.....................
smile.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
What bothers me is that none of this "buddies" on AAAC ever came out an admitted that guy was a fraud.

I never had the sense he was an outright fraud, just a poor businessman who let his enterprise crash and burn, leaving a lot of angry creditors (his customers) who never got their merchandise. Things like this happen every day.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
I never had the sense he was an outright fraud, just a poor businessman who let his enterprise crash and burn, leaving a lot of angry creditors (his customers) who never got their merchandise. Things like this happen every day.

I concur. Also, my sense is that a number of personal issues went south very fast for Jill and Chuck. My sense is they were way over-extended in all arenas and they were not able to come up with a plan to address the mess and retreated. I have also thought this a shame since I personally liked Chuck and Jill and thought them nice folk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads