• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green - Winter Sale

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ended up going into Foster & Sons after I realised there was nothing I wanted in EG. Managed to get a shoe similar to the "Chelsea" in burgundy antique on the 88 last. If you're in London and you don't find what you want - definitely have a look in Foster. They have a few EG styles in there at the same sale price.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing for me. I was tempted by a few things like the Holborn in Brown Pin Dot, Mavern in Suede and Shepton in Burnt Pine, but not enough to pull the trigger. The best size I've seen for options is definitely the 11.5 D. Galway in Chestnut and Ecton on Suede??? Damn!

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9.5 E's have a decent lineup this year. Everything else seems like black-black-black

Originally Posted by earthdragon
ALL SHOES ARE £391.00 TAX-FREE UNLESS MARKED OTHERWISE, PLUS SHIPPING.
Size 9 ½ E
Oxfords
CADOGAN FOX SUEDE 202 x 2 - £374.00 tax-free
CLAYTON BLACK 82
CLAYTON BLACK 888
INVERNESS DARK OAK 808 x 2
ASQUITH NUTMEG SUEDE 888
PELHAM BLACK 888
Derbys
DUNDEE BLACK COUNTRY CALF 58 (MEDWAY RUBBER SOLE)
HOLBORN BROWN PIN GRAIN 888
Loafers
RINGWOOD MINK SUEDE 888 (Thames rubber sole) - £374.00 tax-free
TUNSTALL DARK OAK 184
TUNSTALL BURGUNDY 184
MONTPELLIER BURGUNDY 184

oroy38

Reaction score
I usually wear a US 9D. Should I order the Pelham in a UK 8.5D or E? Or is the last elongated enough to need a size 8?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
BEAULIEU DARK OAK 606 - £374.00 tax-free
10.5 E UK

Tempted. Must resist.

Bought those,made it easy for you?What size are you,11 US?

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a black Pelham in size UK8.5E (worn once) if anyone is interested.

Leather man

Reaction score
Believe it or not I was hoping to find a pair of black shoes in the EG sale but was disappointed. I don't like black shoes but need them for some occasions and wanted a pair of EGs in black.

The only black shoes in 11F are on the 808 last - which is a very slim fit for me, so not ideal.

I also noticed that Elmsley on a Ridgeway sole have appeared again - since I bought those in the last winter's sale, I wonder if EG have some shoes made up especially for the sale - does anyone know?

As for love for EG shoes - as per a former comment - I still lurrv them - along with the other aforementioned names but you are right -there's much less interest in them on here and even less now on AAAC. Not sure why? Fads and fashions perhaps?

Siggy

Reaction score
The selection is not bad this time but the prices keep climbing. Tax-free at 391 pounds is about a hundred pounds more than just a few years ago. Plus for shipping they are now charging 40 pounds, whereas it used to be 25 to 30 pounds.
frown.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
The selection is not bad this time but the prices keep climbing. Tax-free at 391 pounds is about a hundred pounds more than just a few years ago. Plus for shipping they are now charging 40 pounds, whereas it used to be 25 to 30 pounds.
frown.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

They told me shipping is 30 pounds (to the US).

Siggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
They told me shipping is 30 pounds (to the US).

They quoted me 40 pounds to US, with shoe trees.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone decisively answer how much EG shoes cost ca. five years ago?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Siggy
They quoted me 40 pounds to US, with shoe trees.

That's weird,they charge different prices. Is purchasing without shoe trees even an option? It runs you almost into $650-700 per pair,hardly a good deal.

johnlobb

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien
Can anyone decisively answer how much EG shoes cost ca. five years ago?

255 pounds tax free 4 years ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads