• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carlo Franco

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I got the same email this morning, straight to the forum to see if the thread had started yet...and sure enough

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Odd that don't have a phone number or an email listed to contact them.

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jamesbond
Yeah, he owes me money too!

Chuck's giving away a 50% off voucher. Maybe this is to compensate for not sending you the ties earlier on.

The Contrarian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dragon8
Odd that don't have a phone number or an email listed to contact them.

B000024WD3.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Digby
he still owes me $100 for the SF Club repp tie i never received.
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by My View2
Does anyone have an E-mail address or Telephone number to reach Chuck or Jill? Thank you
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by jamesbond
Yeah, he owes me money too!
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by Styk33
I am still waiting on a tie or $100 also.
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by mtf
I got it too and was just about to post the same question. I subscribed to the mailing list in the email and received an automated response with a 50% off coupon good through the end of the year. The email was signed "Jill" which I believe is Chuck's wife. He made some great ties. But I'm kinda reticent after my last experience years ago. I wonder if they're starting it back up or just clearing old stock.

looks like he'll be owing 2 ties now to everyone instead of 1

Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Are they back in business? Wow......

Website appears to be updated...

back in business sure. after the sf bailout.

jcriswel

Reaction score
Yes, I watched the Carlo Franco thing start up and crash... how long ago was it? It does appear Chuck and Jill are trying to give it another shot. If they are trying to revive this business, their apparent strategy of sticking to their besmirched brand name surprises me. I don't think you could buy a cup of coffee with $5.00 and the Carlo Franco name. This situation still boggles the imagination.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcriswel
Yes, I watched the Carlo Franco thing start up and crash... how long ago was it? It does appear Chuck and Jill are trying to give it another shot. If they are trying to revive this business, their apparent strategy of sticking to their besmirched brand name surprises me. I don't think you could buy a cup of coffee with $5.00 and the Carlo Franco name. This situation still boggles the imagination.

What bothers me is that none of this "buddies" on AAAC ever came out an admitted that guy was a fraud.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
IIRC correctly, 'Carlo Franco' was the name of Chuck's grandpa....perhaps they didnt want to turf it for emotional reasons - but ya, from a business viewpoint, I agree with you.

R-H

Reaction score
According to those at AAAC, Carlo Franco still has some outstanding orders from 2005.

I can't wait to place my order for a $150 tie.
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads