• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

Najee D.

Reaction score
Chi-town certified! The boss slid this one on as soon as we received them in-store. Really excited by how the duffle coat turned out Fits a tad small for me so I'd suggest to anyone planning to do some layering with this piece to consider sizing up:
DSC_0477.jpg
I plan to try some of the denim in person within the next couple weeks...I'll check back in with some fatboy approval.

Racove

Reaction score
Najee, thanks for the email about this arrival. I was in the other day to check it out. Its brand new, so still thinking about it. Did ya'll get the grey too?
Keep posting!

splattered

Reaction score
Has anyone posted fit pics of well worn SL models anytime recent? I'm about to put the indigo and black into my rotation

splattered

Reaction score
Decided that since i set my APC into rotation i'd start to break in my SL indigo... i tried them on for a second and then put them on my shelf while i broke in my NS. Well... i am wearing the smallest they offered (28) and off the shelf they are a bit roomier than my NS(which are still pretty tight, only sized down one too) after having been broken in... i hope these dont stretch out too much, im gonna need to wear a belt right off the bat i suppose. The back pockets on them are also much lower than i initially realised which is gonna take a little getting used to but i think i like it haha who here wears these on a regular basis and can comment on stretch/etc?

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by splattered
who here wears these on a regular basis and can comment on stretch/etc?

Originally Posted by PeterParker
My SL's have been soaked once and washed twice. They have shrunk less than an inch in the inseam, although I don't see why you couldn't stretch them back out while they were damp. Shrinkage in all other dimensions was around 0.25", although they stretch back out pretty quickly.

If you're wondering about stretching, mine stretched 0.5" in the waist (from the initial measurements) and they fit perfectly.

Originally Posted by PeterParker
If they are already loose in the thighs then they should not stretch at all. The 100x denim does not stretch much, and the stretching in the thighs on mine has been negligible.

They don't stretch much.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New 3sixteen Waxed Cotton Stadium Jackets are in!

The Stadium Jacket is made of 5.5oz waxed poly/canvas material that is produced by the last North American manufacturer of waxed canvas fabrics. The jacket feature black ribbing material on the cuffs, collar, waist and pockets, as well as a gunmetal zipper. The jacket also has a quilted jersey lining and a hidden inner pocket.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=82

3sixteen_green_01.jpg

3sixteen_green_01_02.jpg

3sixteen_black_01.jpg

3sixteen_black_01_02.jpg

Racove

Reaction score
quality looks great, but they don't look slim fitting at all

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got my duffel coat in the mail this morning. Big thanks to Andrew for tipping me off on an off-the-radar sneaker boutique I could grab the seemingly sold out coat.

The Good
  • The Fit: Fit has become my most obsessed trait about clothing since I joined SF. That meant a fair number of outwear suddenly seemed inferior. This coat provides a slim cut that doesn't restrict range of motion.

I originally considered a medium, but am glad I pulled the trigger on the large. A medium would've pulled across the back too much and made wearing anything more than a t-shirt a dicey endeavor. The size I went with gives enough room for layering without fitting like a sack. The length of the sleeves is perfect. I've always struggled to find jackets or coats with a sleeve length that didn't prove to be too short or long. The sleeves on this coat are the perfect length, whether my arms are at my sides or I'm extending them out.

• The Material: There's a balance of softness and sturdiness with the material. It won't ever get compared to the texture of butter. At the same time, it doesn't feel as though I should be concerned about lighting matches while wearing the coat. I think this balance makes for a feeling of toughness that you want in a winter coat.

• The Toggles: The toggles were honestly what had me look past this piece when I saw it in the lookbook. Now, I'm really digging them. What's great about this coat is that there's also a zipper, which means you don't have to use the toggles if you don't want to. If that's the case, the toggles fit easily under the zipper flap and will hold in place.

• The Removable Hood: The winds in Michigan can get pretty intense. If you have short-cut hair like I do, it makes some sort of headgear a necessity. I don't always like to wear a hat, though, so it's nice to have the option of a sturdy hood for those really blustery days. But by the same token, I think a hood can make a piece of outwear seem more casual. This is the type of coat that can be integrated into a "grown man's" outfit. Because of that, the hood might look a little out of place. But that's no problem, since you can just unbutton the hood and pop that collar for a pretty slick, sophisticated look. Speaking of the collar...

• The Collar: This might be my favorite part of the coat other than the fit. I think popped collars look ridiculous on shirts, but with the right coat, it adds that extra oomph of steeze to your aesthetic. The collar on this coat is thick enough to stay popped. It's also pretty tall, which along with its thickness, makes it ideal for blocking out crosswinds.

The Bad
  • The Pockets: My one gripe about the coat. Maybe I'm just used to wearing coats and jackets with slanted pockets, but my hands feel a bit uncomfortable resting in these vertical pockets. I dig slanted pockets, because of the natural way you can slide your paws into them. With vertical pockets, you have to manipulate your wrists a bit to put your hands in them.

• The Thickness: I'm hoping this doesn't prove to be a detriment, but I was surprised by how light the coat is. The write up about the coat on 3Sixteen's Web site made it sound like there's some additional lining for added warmth. I'm not really seeing that. Considering the price tag, I expected perhaps a bit more heft to the coat. I'm optimistic that the material and length of the coat will answer the challenge of keeping me warm during a Michigan winter.

Overall

A beautiful coat with great detailing and a cut that anyone fashion-conscious person is going to appreciate. There's real versatility here. It's appropriate for dressier occasions, but can be easily integrated into a casual, everyday context. If taken care of, I think the duffel will prove to be a staple in any owner's wardrobe.

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Got my duffel coat in the mail this morning.
Great review. Got any pictures?

Sounds like 3sixteen hit this one out of the park. I would have jumped on the duffel coat, but I already have the Field Jacket from last winter. I echo your sentiments about the vertical pockets though.

I really like the stadium jacket too. I've kind of made it a point to pick up a 3sixteen piece every season, but I already have enough outerwear. That khaki slub denim shirt, however...

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll get some pictures up tomorrow if I'm not kneeling for any toilets.

asnradeon8

Reaction score
fall09_1.jpg

Any info on what 3sixteen jean the model is wearing in this picture?

Looks like it would look great with some sperrys..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads