• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Just won these and was wondering they are actually Grenson Masterpiece or simply Grenson.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thank you.

Originally Posted by bigbris1
Most likely a sample made to MP standards, thus the hidden channel welt and rose stamp. Another tell will be what's embossed on the inside under where your heel goes.

Bought a pair off the same seller and they are def Masterpieces and great quality. I nearly bid up against you for those, just hope they fit you as the ones i got off him were very small for a size 6, im wondering if MP's fit very small.
confused.gif

SuitProfessor

Reaction score
Good thread. The problem is that some factories will change the labels over time. Also, having a different label within the same brands means that they are outsourcing to other factories. I know, because I have seen this with my own eyes.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
They do.

Theres a pair on ebay at the moment in 7.5 UK and im thinking of bidding on them as the measurements basically equate to my C&J Handgrades in 6.5 on the 337 ie about 29cm x 10 cm. This seems very small for a 7.5. The 6's i got i could barely get on my feet so its maybe the case the 7.5's fit me. Any thoughts Rebel ???

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kev777
Theres a pair on ebay at the moment in 7.5 UK and im thinking of bidding on them as the measurements basically equate to my C&J Handgrades in 6.5 on the 337 ie about 29cm x 10 cm. This seems very small for a 7.5. The 6's i got i could barely get on my feet so its maybe the case the 7.5's fit me. Any thoughts Rebel ???

They run 1/2 size large, generally. Sole measurements are worthless.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi

The Corneliani shoes are 50% off at the New Delhi boutique and I was considering picking up a black captoe which looked to be solidly built. They were around 900 USD full price and 450 USD discounted.

I am wondering if anyone knows who makes shoes for Corneliani and are they worth 450 USD ?

My experience with designer branded Italian shoes is limited to a Canali chukka with vibram sole which has served me well.

Thanks for your help.

Window

Reaction score
I came accross these sport coats at a thrift store. They all were my size, felt nice, and had functioning sleeve buttons so i picked them up. Not sure what brand they are since the tags have all been removed. Any help?

4264255664_5d30a07a48.jpg

4263505137_dcf91308c0.jpg

4263504557_bcb65dd300.jpg

4263504131_239fb3d245_b.jpg

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Window
I came accross these sport coats at a thrift store. They all were my size, felt nice, and had functioning sleeve buttons so i picked them up. Not sure what brand they are since the tags have all been removed. Any help?]

Nice haul. Caruso, Caruso, ?, SaintAndrews

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Nice haul. Caruso, Caruso, ?, SaintAndrews
I've seen the missing one on a Cerruti Jacket that I own. I hope this helps. Clint

marin

Reaction score
Following his success in fabrics, Nino Cerruti's first clothing line was Hitman. Giorgio Armani was a designer at Hitman before striking out on his own.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
There is always a possibility that some of these manufacturers use the same label maker (I doubt they print their own labels) and end up with similar looking labels. I looked for a pic of a Corneliani label but couldn't find one. Here is a Corneliani for RLBL:
polo99bt3.jpg

Regarding this label with the words "BLUE LABEL" written on it, would this correspond to a Polo I, II, III or IV?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads