• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What car would you get with $55k?

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
The MSRP of the M3 sedan is $54.8k. Problem solved.

wrong answer.

euro delivery on an e92 M3.

epb

Reaction score
CPO E90 M3, which are running in the 40s and low 50s. Daily driver practical, sports car performance, with the intial depreciation scraped off.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Nice rationalization. I have rarely met a man that is not interested in fast cars.

Is this sarcasm? I've met a few guys who didnt like fast cars. They liked SUV's, pickups, and slower cruising cars. Everyone of them has been a ******* bore. I've also met guys who have bought sports cars and crotch rockets just for the attention and the chance to show off their bread, but you can tell they have no actual interest in driving fast or shredding rubber in a corner. So to me they look like asshats. You can still show off and try to impress with out getting a sports car. I think the CLS would be a nice fit for jbreen.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
Is this sarcasm? I've met a few guys who didnt like fast cars. They liked SUV's, pickups, and slower cruising cars. Everyone of them has been a ******* bore. I've also met guys who have bought sports cars and crotch rockets just for the attention and the chance to show off their bread, but you can tell they have no actual interest in driving fast or shredding rubber in a corner. So to me they look like asshats. You can still show off and try to impress with out getting a sports car. I think the CLS would be a nice fit for jbreen.

It's very rare for a guy not to like fast cars. I don't know any guys that don't.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
pray you dont, usually their truck guys. truck guys are ******* annoying

"come on betsy lou, lets go mudding woo-hoo"

alan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont get the GLK plz. Its an ugly car, my teacher (woman in mid thirties) was commenting the other day that she was shopping for a new car but the GLK was too girly and small for her.

M3, A5, Cayman, cant go wrong with those imo.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
12482398003.253501966.IM1.08.565x421_A.565x291.jpg

09052005060217tyree.gif

Hany

Reaction score
Originally Posted by username79
It's very rare for a guy not to like fast cars. I don't know any guys that don't.
You need to stop hanging out with intellectuals.

Nomad_K

Reaction score
Originally Posted by epb
CPO E90 M3, which are running in the 40s and low 50s. Daily driver practical, sports car performance, with the intial depreciation scraped off.

I didn't realize those slid below the 50K mark - good deal for someone in the market.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro

Speaking of trucks, these are pretty cool. New Ford SVT Raptor.
Ford_Raptor_1.jpg

kruze

Reaction score
Used I would go for an NSX and a C5 [combined would be around 55k. 30 ish for NSX, 20ish for C5].

New I would do an M3 as someone mentioned earlier or tricked 335i. The Cayman interior didn't strike me as worth the price. And it was well over 55k.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Uh, as I said earlier, he won't get much of an M3 for $55,000. Add the gas guzzler tax and you can't even get a bare bones stock M3 for $55,000.

Originally Posted by kruze
Used I would go for an NSX and a C5 [combined would be around 55k. 30 ish for NSX, 20ish for C5].

New I would do an M3 as someone mentioned earlier or tricked 335i. The Cayman interior didn't strike me as worth the price. And it was well over 55k.

Again, not sure where you guys live, but a new M3 at $55,000 will be almost impossible to find. If he's got closer to $60,000 or $65,000, he should be good, but $55,000 won't even cover a bare bones base M3 with no options. Try building one at BMWusa.com, with absolutely no options, and the cloth/leather interior, they are over $55,000.. I also don't think they sit on the lot long to get discounted very heavily.. I would agree with the guy who said CPO, they're a great car and he could probably find one for under $50,000

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads