• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

choptreesv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
^^ I have the same thread issue on mine, though not as pronounced. Tt's really unnoticeable unless you do an up close inspection, so I let it slide. I figure if it becomes a big deal I can send it back to Alden. They are good about these things from what I hear.

Originally Posted by robin
That's easy to fix with a needle and thread (thimble helps too). Happened on my ultimate indy's as well.

hmm..thanks guys, i guess its just something to keep an eye on then.

ivan k

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
Mildly bad news:

Leather Soul is canceling the pre-order emails and going to a blog alert system.

http://www.leathersoulhawaii.com/category/news-events/

It is probably my most visited clothing retailer and I try to hit it every week at least to see the shoes and what is happening but now I may miss out on something because of timing.
facepalm.gif

Also, I will say I am a sucker for the emails because when I get them it reminds me to visit so I usually hit it within 24 hours of reading the email as well.

I'm sure there's a way to do this - try searching google for "rss e-mail notification" or something along those lines. I use google reader to keep up to date with all the sites/blogs I follow, but don't think it has e-mail notification.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by choptreesv
Just curious, has anyone else had this problem w/ their indies?

Basically, the corner seam is starting to raise on both boots (inside seam for my left, outside on the right). I'm not sure if it's due to how I walk, but it looks like a manufacturing defect to me b/c the stitching doesn't look straight at the ends. It's difficult to tell from the pictures, but the stitched holes kind of trail downward

Please let me know what you guys think, I've only worn these ~20 times. Love them otherwise
confused.gif

20091222_0005.jpg

20091222_0004.jpg

20091222_0001.jpg

20091222_0000.jpg

Mine look just as bad. I'm not worried about it though. If it gets worse maybe I'll try to get it fixed but my boots are just going to get more fucked up with all the snow we have on the ground.

jon bones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Mine look just as bad. I'm not worried about it though. If it gets worse maybe I'll try to get it fixed but my boots are just going to get more fucked up with all the snow we have on the ground.

same thing is happening to my indies... left boot, inside

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, this does seem to happen a lot with Alden boots. So much so that I can't figure out why they don't do some sort of extra stitching or reinforcement in this area. It seems like it would be so easy to do and would prevent any issues.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For the price you're paying for those boots that shouldn't be happening.
They should be bar tacking the end that's folded under before doing the top-stitch.
I'd get it fixed immediately, something like that goes from a tiny lift to a serious issue quickly.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Christmas loot from the wife.
Ravello boots.
nstboots.jpg

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those the aberdeen lasted ravellos from shoemart? Very nice...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
Are those the aberdeen lasted ravellos from shoemart? Very nice...

Yep, those are them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads