• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

Robes of Executiveness

Reaction score
Got the replacement pair, and both are side/side. They're buttery smooth and smell even better. One pair is darker grey than the other. Unlined chamois.

Outside seams VS inside seams. Inside fit really tight and look much better, while outside seams feel smooth while the hand is in the glove, but I don't like the lumpy look.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
Here are my favourite gloves; a pair of shearling Polo Ralph Lauren gloves, made in Italy. Purchased a few months ago via eBay. NWT $225 if I remember correctly, my price was about $100. I love wearing them with my C&J Westfield Oxfords! The texture is very similar, although the gloves are slightly brighter in their colour.

You've got to get those gloves dirty. Light shearling gloves are supposed to be worn heavily, especially with dark outerwear. Enjoy! They're beautiful.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnnyCrockett
You've got to get those gloves dirty. Light shearling gloves are supposed to be worn heavily, especially with dark outerwear. Enjoy! They're beautiful.

Thanks.
smile.gif

I like them so much though, I'm afraid to wear them in wet conditions. I've only had them for two months or so. Eventually though my carefulness will decrease along with normal wear and tear.

By the way, originally I yearned for these RLPL suede gloves, but size 10 seems too large as I'm a size 9 (been watching them for months, hoping that a size 9 would come up). So instead I ended up with the PRL shearling gloves in size 8.5. Tight, but not too tight.

blackrover

Reaction score
I just got these Lamb Skin Nappa Gloves by Bruno for Saks on sale. Cashmere line, soft, and you can smell them from 2ft away

CIMG0030.jpg

CIMG0028.jpg

CIMG0027.jpg

CIMG0023.jpg

Someday I'll get a real camera... :-\\

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackrover
I just got these Lamb Skin Nappa Gloves by Bruno for Saks on sale. Cashmere line, soft, and you can smell them from 2ft away

Beautiful! Should be a pleasure to have the cashmere caressing your hands? I personally have no cashmere lined gloves, yet. Maybe for next winter.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackrover

I looked at these at Saks yesterday. Very nice gloves, but I was hoping for more than 50% off. I have a similar pair that are several years old, so I'm not in need of new ones and thus can wait.

blackrover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CashmereLover
Beautiful! Should be a pleasure to have the cashmere caressing your hands? I personally have no cashmere lined gloves, yet. Maybe for next winter.
I have actually waited a long time to purchase these and I'm stoked I finally did. Yes the cashmere feels great on the hands, much better that your average thinsulate.

Originally Posted by JayJay
I looked at these at Saks yesterday. Very nice gloves, but I was hoping for more than 50% off. I have a similar pair that are several years old, so I'm not in need of new ones and thus can wait.

If you wait until the season over you can find them for around 40 bucks. I've tried to do this but everytime I looked at them in Andrisen's during the Spring I kept thinking 40 bucks is a good price but its so nice out side... I was disappointed not to find a cashmere skully on sale at all but I contacted Andrisen and they told me they would sell me a Brunello Cucinelli for 25% off. I'm think about picking one up Monday. BTW anyone now how much they go for retail?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
this thread has inspired me to order some shearling lined kidskin gloves in tan "202" from Madova
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
delivery in 15-20 days...can't wait!

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
As promised, a photo of my 'bespoke' deerskin CJ gloves in dark tan after ~4 weeks of heavy, heavy wear in the ridiculous cold/snow Europe is enjoying at present.

gloves.jpg

worship.gif
really great.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yes. A slightly better and easier alternative to tracing it out with a pen would be to scan your hand with the scanner set to black/white (as opposed to greytone or colour). Remember to scan a ruler as well at the same time in case the scanner 'scales' your scanned image. This method is IMO better as the exact silhouette of your hand is captured, not a slightly 'looser' version (as pen tracings are wont to end up as).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads