• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Berlin

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Jan 20-24th

Recs please.

Star

Reaction score
Stay in the East Side of town around Mitte. Do the 'Famous walking tour' with insidertour.com and see if the tour guide 'Brian' is around. Eat and drink plenty of curry wurst, potato, saurkraut and unhomogenized beer. Base your orientation around Alexandre Platz. Explore area around Hackerscher Markt.

Check this site out http://cafekulturberlin.blogspot.com/

Ask questions also here under the Berlin forum : http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/

Avoid Kurfürstendamm (West Berlin famous shopping street) unless you want the Champs Elysee
experience i.e. standard chain stores and fastfood restaurants you can find in every major city of the world . E.g H&M, Virgin, MacDonalds, GAP and etc. You also get massive crowds

The last thing you should do on the morning you leave is go up the TV tower. Nicely puts everything into perspective.

Berlin is very flat and and can be easily walked and/or cycled or you can jump onto their extensive metro, Tram, and rail network. Take it easy and enjoy just being there.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Berlin has lots of good vinyl stores if one is into that sort of thing.

They appreciate Charles Manson records and good post-punk in my experience.

Of course, you may want to take the Hedi Slimane walking tour to trawl the platzes of Berlin for delinquent waifish boys.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Berliner Philharmoniker. One of the world's great orchestras, if not the best.

Philharmonie
Herbert-von-Karajan-Str. 1
10785 Berlin

Tel.: +49 (0)30 254 88-0

Don't wear the skirt!
smile.gif

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing

Of course, you may want to take the Hedi Slimane walking tour to trawl the platzes of Berlin for delinquent waifish boys.

+200

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you have to go to the pergomon museum, and the egypt museum - they are both world class.

kant str is where the good ethnic food is

the area around the zoo has pretty good doner and currywurst

go to the kadewe food court at least once

have fun

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
FYI I will be working a bit because I have to attend Bread & Butter which is a huge trade show. However, the weekend I should be free.

Any places to eat with my co-workers or take vendors would be appreciated too.

Also the best gay bars...YES PLEASE!

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Check out the Brandenburg Gate, the Reichstag plus the Holcaust memorial and museum. This will cover the essence of recent German history and in fact contemporary Germany.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Berliner Philharmoniker. One of the world's great orchestras, if not the best.

Philharmonie
Herbert-von-Karajan-Str. 1
10785 Berlin

Tel.: +49 (0)30 254 88-0

Don't wear the skirt!
smile.gif

Why?
frown.gif

jaac

Reaction score
Theres a really good christmas market in one of the platzes (i got confused but it has some political buildings near it i think), locals would know. It cost 1 euro to get in but its way better than the free ones. Eat allot of sausage (
lol8[1].gif
) and drink some Gluhwein. I hope you smoke because if you wanna go out theres fuckloads of smoke in the clubs. The northern parts near the stadium have a cool vibe with lots of local boutiques and cool coffee shops and bars. It's ******* cold so i hope you have some warm stuff (johnmayer coat?). The pergomon is awesome. It's a rediculously good city.

Kookz

Reaction score
Quick word of caution...I was turned down from two clubs because I WAS wearing a collared shirt. I'd dress smart, but not in a way anyone would consider "dressing up".

Otherwise, it's going to be cold but it's an awesome city.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
Quick word of caution...I was turned down from two clubs because I WAS wearing a collared shirt. I'd dress smart, but not in a way anyone would consider "dressing up".

Otherwise, it's going to be cold but it's an awesome city.

laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads