• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

givemefive

Reaction score
ha that's not me momotaro.jp
l_0972608001238479787.jpg
l_0148571001238479838.jpg

Alec_Jan

Reaction score
little help on sizing for 0701's please (I'm leaning towards a 30)..

I have 30W nudie grim tims and RRL slim fits -- both were quite tight (slight struggle to button top) when I got them, but now are too loose after only ~15-20 wears each. Think I can avoid this prob with the 30W momotaros, or too tight? Pretty sure my true waist is a 32, but having had the most success with 29W raw denim, I really don't know anymore.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alec_Jan
little help on sizing for 0701's please (I'm leaning towards a 30)..

I have 30W nudie grim tims and RRL slim fits -- both were quite tight (slight struggle to button top) when I got them, but now are too loose after only ~15-20 wears each. Think I can avoid this prob with the 30W momotaros, or too tight? Pretty sure my true waist is a 32, but having had the most success with 29W raw denim, I really don't know anymore.

You may be between sizes, but 30 sounds right for you.

Word of wisdom - dispel any beliefs you have right now about what you 'usually wear in jeans' and get your best fitting jeans and measure the waist. Deduct for the stretch. Analyze every new pair of jeans based on your real waist size. You can't assume anything. Go by size charts and fitment recommendations and your growing experience with your true waist size.

Momotaro 0701 will shrink an inch in the waist and won't stretch particularly much, but enough. Buy TTS on the waist, since the tagged size is the actual size new, then will shrink an inch, then stretch back an inch or so. You must soak these prior to wear. Treat them like usual STF.

Top block and upper thighs are snug, and a great fit if that's your preference. I have no ass, so love 'em.

Good luck, bro. Post pictures. Amazing jeans. Some of the best I've ever seen.

jimmy_boi

Reaction score
bring back a old thread, my g/f friend ask me if i wanted to try these jeans for cheap as he has connection to them via japan, and i told him to order me a pair in size 31 as im a true 31 in most brands. so i finaly got them and the wash is "0805 SP-Hips Fit Slim Momotaro Jeans" i thought they were gonna be slimmer but it pretty much a striaght leg fit, the down side is the god dam waist is like a size 29. i can bottom them up after sucking in my stomache, but its very uncomfortable and exteremly tight in the waits. every other part of the jeans fit fine. after doing some reserach, on context they said the jeans are one size smaller then tagged. so i was wondering if it possible to even try to strecth these 1.5 inches in the waist, or i should order a different size and sell these one since i can't return them, as he had them pre hem to a 30 for me.

givemefive

Reaction score
if you can button it up... i say go for it. a week or so of pain but you'll be fine

or just skip the top button either way heh

jimmy_boi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by givemefive
if you can button it up... i say go for it. a week or so of pain but you'll be fine

u think so? but would it be able to strecth out 1.5 inches tho? i even have a hard time puting my hands in the pocket too lol

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by givemefive

This is correct. I couldn't do up the top button on my 0701's for 24 hours when I got them. 6 months on and they're pretty good.... Although I washed them for the first time the other day and they were tiiight again for about a day or two.

They will stretch out ok. It will hurt for about a week. Squat in them, ride a bike in them, do everything in them until they start to give in a little. Then soak them and repeat. Eventually they'll be soft and I can guarantee they'll fit rather well. It's worth it.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmy_boi
u think so? but would it be able to strecth out 1.5 inches tho? i even have a hard time puting my hands in the pocket too lol

Can you get the top button done up? (Regardless of whether it involves breaking off your fingernails).

If so, you're definitly fine.

jimmy_boi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Can you get the top button done up? (Regardless of whether it involves breaking off your fingernails).

If so, you're definitly fine.

yah i can. i just have to suck in my gut, then pull the jeans down to the waist. i saw ur 1st pictures and your jeans were super tight almost glue on u like crazy. how much did u get it to strecth over all ?

konadog

Reaction score
anyone know if there are any stores in los angeles that stock momotaros?

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmy_boi
yah i can. i just have to suck in my gut, then pull the jeans down to the waist. i saw ur 1st pictures and your jeans were super tight almost glue on u like crazy. how much did u get it to strecth over all ?
Not much, but they're comfortable now. The thighs are still extremely close. The top block has stretched most in the seat, so there's some relaxation there and around the hips. The waist pretty much stretched until I could just comfortably do up the top button. If you're not happy with the fit in the thighs and legs, then you shouldn't keep them, because they're not going to stretch around there. Waist/top block is a little different. Here they are now - http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=15154 Overall, not must stretching. Either way, it's the look I wanted. I never expected them to become relaxed. They will never do that. I have bought a pair of 0201's for a more relaxed look. I probably said it before, but bear in mind that I'm really chunky in the legs and really tall. The 0701's would not (and don't, based on fit pics) fit that close on mr average.

konadog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Not much, but they're comfortable now. The thighs are still extremely close. The top block has stretched most in the seat, so there's some relaxation there and around the hips. The waist pretty much stretched until I could just comfortably do up the top button. If you're not happy with the fit in the thighs and legs, then you shouldn't keep them, because they're not going to stretch around there. Waist/top block is a little different.

Here they are now - http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...ostcount=15154

Overall, not must stretching. Either way, it's the look I wanted. I never expected them to become relaxed. They will never do that. I have bought a pair of 0201's for a more relaxed look.

I probably said it before, but bear in mind that I'm really chunky in the legs and really tall. The 0701's would not (and don't, based on fit pics) fit that close on mr average.

great fit on the jeans in that pic. and the aldens are slammin' with them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads