• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
finall got to try on (and see) some gitmans in person @ Barneys today... and

Review: very dissapointing. Dont really see what all the praise is about, they are quite ill fitting (at least if you are my height of 6'1". I tried on 3 just in case the first one was a mistake and they all looked like ****, plus the quality doesnt seem all that great, granted its only a $130 shirt but still, the way every one talks about them on here you'd think they are the second coming.

Also I have heard a while back (and prob. mentioned on here) that Gitman makes the shirts for Thom Browne, not sure if this is true but the Ditman vintage no where even comes close to touching the Thom Browne shirts in, cut, materials or quality. There is my 2 cents, just happy I didnt order one without seeing in person first!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i tried on the regular non-gitman vintage shirts at saks yesterday and size is exactly the same as vintage shirts. on sale too. $107.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ry'on

Reaction score
We just used the synthetic pearl on the navy oxford and the chalk buttons on the chambray.

I haven't had enough time to really get into button shopping - so they are pretty standard Gitman - just wanted the chalk on the chambray.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I love the contrast stitiching on the chambray, Ryan.

JRyder

Reaction score
The contrast stitching is great, I am curious what is the intended purpose of the altered gusset. I have the original hYr soft red oxford from this past spring and while I love it, I find that I am perplexed by the gusset. There is such a contrast between the bottom and the top of the gusset. Is it meant to be tucked in (which I rarely do) or is it intended to be worn undone? Ry'on?

nakedundermyclothes

Reaction score
Anyone have any idea when the patterns for S/S will be released?>

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ry'on
Our Inventory collaborations with Gitman should be at HQ this week and online shortly after. Looking forward to these ones. http://www.inventorymagazine.com/updates/?p=11354

The chambray in these photos--lighter chambray, dark contrast (navy?) stitching with chalk white buttons, button on chest pocket is freaking sweet.

The actual product--looks like much darker chambray, white contract stitching all around, no chest button makes this a much less cool piece.

I was looking forward to this based on the sample pics--the actual product is pretty plain and disappointing.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
The chambray in these photos--lighter chambray, dark contrast (navy?) stitching with chalk white buttons, button on chest pocket is freaking sweet.

The actual product--looks like much darker chambray, white contract stitching all around, no chest button makes this a much less cool piece.

I was looking forward to this based on the sample pics--the actual product is pretty plain and disappointing.

I just took a gander at the finished product myself and I have to agree. The sample looked like a much more desirable piece at the higher price tag. And it does look like the collar roll is a bit off from the pics as the other member mentioned. Overall, it still appears to be a nice shirt, but it doesn't stand out for me.

dragonxking

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I just took a gander at the finished product myself and I have to agree. The sample looked like a much more desirable piece at the higher price tag. And it does look like the collar roll is a bit off from the pics as the other member mentioned. Overall, it still appears to be a nice shirt, but it doesn't stand out for me.

The sample was indeed a much more desirable piece. I received my shirt today, and I found the fit to be better (slimmer) than my other Gitman shirts.

Oh, and in regards to sizing on the white oxfords, I have two white oxfords from Gitman Vintage. One is a regular, and the other is a pinpoint oxford. They are both tagged 14.5, but the pinpoint's fit is most similar to a size Small. The regular oxford's fit is much slimmer (too slim for me actually) with the p2p being 18", and the s2s being about 16". I might end up selling the regular oxford, as it's a little too small for me. shoot me a pm if you're interested

muffinman

Reaction score
I received my inventory gitman in navy today. I must say it is by far my favourite gitman shirt. I prefer it to the white and blue oxfords I have. It is slightly slimmer at the waist and the custom gussets are a nice touch for wearing it out. I think it may also be a little shorter in the length of the body. The fabric feels very nice. This is one of my favourite shirts and well worth the money. Thanks ryan!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people find that the plaids run the same as the oxfords?

dragonxking

Reaction score
edubs01,
When it comes to shirts that are sized S,M,L,etc, the sizing is pretty much the same amongst plaids and ocbds. sizing gets tricky when the shirts are sized by neck size (14.5, 15, 15.5, etc)

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased a small OCBD and found it to be tight around the stomach region.
Guess I will try a medium.
For reference i wear a medium in RRL OCBDs...should the medium be ok?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics