• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you look like a celebrity?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Supposedly, Patrick McGoohan
plain.gif

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one I get most consistently is Matthew Broderick, or often "...that Ferris Bueller guy, what's his name...?"

When I had longer hair, I got Patrick Bruel a lot too. I was in Montreal bar a long time ago when Bruel was known to be in town and a couple of girls mistook me for him so my buddies and I all went along with it. Let's say it ended up being a very interesting night...
devil.gif
The irony is that I met Bruel briefly once and he was a total asshole.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
has ten years really made you look like less of a chick?
apparently. i don't, frankly, get any of the similarities.

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
The one I get most consistently is Matthew Broderick, or often "...that Ferris Bueller guy, what's his name...?"

When I had longer hair, I got Patrick Bruel a lot too. I was in Montreal bar a long time ago when Bruel was known to be in town and a couple of girls mistook me for him so my buddies and I all went along with it. Let's say it ended up being a very interesting night...
devil.gif
The irony is that I met Bruel briefly once and he was a total asshole.

Really? I met him once in Paris, and he was charming.
Wait, was it you?
plain.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I hate to break it to you Fab, but many guys (famous or not) are charming and nice to pretty young girls, and rude and short tempered with other guys.

I, on the other hand, amd rude to everyone.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Okay, I bit on the MyHeritage thing...pretty neat. Here FWIW, is my list:
Michael Keaton (53%)
Sean Connery (53%)
Patricia Velasques (?!?) (53%)
Jimmy Carter (53%)
Kyra Sedgwick (52%)
Carl Sagan (billions and billions of %)
smile.gif

Diane Keaton (wtf!?!) 50%
Mikis Theodorakis (48%)

(For your information, I am none of these people. Although I share a name with two cultural "icons", both of film fame.)

Edit: I ran a 10-year-old photo through the thing and came up with a startlingly different set of results:
Shahrukh Khan (70%)
Keira Knightley (62%)
Liv Tyler (61%)
Grace Kelly (61%)
Fernando Redondo (60%)
Jim Henson (59%)
Kristanna Loken (58%)
Jon Stewart (54%)
Carson Daly (54%)

(Another fwiw: I am consistently mistaken for a former governor of a Great Plains state. He even called me "him" once when we met.)

The younger you resembled both Keira Knightley and Liv Tyler? You have any younger sisters?
smile.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
The younger you resembled both Keira Knightley and Liv Tyler? You have any younger sisters?
smile.gif

I do have a younger sister. She is definitely in the hottie category.

Hey, wait a minute! Doesn't "lawyerdad" indicate marriage?!? Or simply fatherhood?

(And I have absolutely no idea how that MyHeritage thingy came up with Keira or Liv. Honored to be sure, but completely baffled.)

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
Really? I met him once in Paris, and he was charming.
Wait, was it you?
plain.gif

Oui, Emmanuelle, c'etais moi.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
When I was younger and my hair was longer I would often get George Harrison and Bob Dylan. (Which I think meant I looked scraggly and had a ********.)
More recently, I've gotten Gabriel Byrne on several occasions.
The MyHeritage thing gives me:
Bobby Charlton (71%)
Peter Ustinov (64%) (about 62% of which I attribute to his sunglasses, which are similar to the ones I'm wearing in the only photo I had on this computer)
William Rehnquest (62%) (please, God, let it be the glasses again)
Jean-Pierre Raffarin (61%) (no glasses in his photo, or Charton's)
Salman Kahn (59%) (no glasses)
Sylvester Stallone (58%) (which would really bother me if he weren't wearing shades)
Matthew Perry (56%) (no glasses)
Daniel Day-Lewis (56%) (no glasses) (I've actually heard this one before)
Mother Teresa (56%) (um, yeah - just the other day this lady stopped me in the supermarket and tried to award me a Nobel Prize . . . )
Zsolt Baumgartner (55%)

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't get a celebrity per se but for some reason I'm often mistaken for an actor or someone involved in film. Two weeks ago I had lunch with my father and when I went to the hostess desk to ask where the bathroom was out of a bevy of gorgeous hostessi one led me to the bathroom and discreetly asked, "So are you like, an actor? We all had bets." I didn't have the heart to carry on the decit so I admitted I was an unemployed post-grad backpacker by trade.

A.

lawyerdad

Reaction score
I do have a younger sister. She is definitely in the hottie category.

Hey, wait a minute! Doesn't "lawyerdad" indicate marriage?!? Or simply fatherhood?

(And I have absolutely no idea how that MyHeritage thingy came up with Keira or Liv. Honored to be sure, but completely baffled.)

Marriage and fatherhood, in the boringly conventional order. Your sister needn't worry - and hopefully has higher standards, anyway. But what good is the internet if we can't use it to construct a fantasy life?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Mother Teresa (56%) (um, yeah - just the other day this lady stopped me in the supermarket and tried to award me a Nobel Prize . . . )
So, you look like a cinnamon bun?

lawyerdad

Reaction score
So, you look like a cinnamon bun?

Apparently, at least when I'm wearing my Persols. How does your sister feel about breakfast pastry?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
I VERY often get the "you look like X comment" except X tends to vary a lot and sometimes have no point in common whatsoever.

Some exemples:
JosÃ
00a9.png
ThÃ
00a9.png
odore (ex montreal canadian goalie)
Leonardo di caprio
Jimmy Fallon
Gabriel Garcia Bernal

Now if only someone could tell me what those dues have in common in the looks department....maybe we all have similar ears or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads