• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you look like a celebrity?

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
Emmanuelle BÃ
00a9.png
art is what people have said, but I disagree.

OMG!!! Uh... I look like Michel Piccoli
p2ci7.jpg

Jill

Reaction score
Hmm. I tried that software. It said Chuck resembled Kofi Annan AND Maria Sharapova, so I don't pay it too much credence! It said I looked most like Charlize Theron (97%) and Adriana Karembeu (96%)!! Now wouldn't that have made life easier were it true!!!

But in real life, I've most often been told Stockard Channing (when my cheeks are chubby) and Lynda Carter. I don't really see it. But I'll take it as a compliment anyway, depite the fact that they're 13 & 20 years my senior!

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've gotten Tiki Barber quite a bit, but I don't think so.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Someone told me once that I look like Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto.

Thats when I cut off their head with my sword and made six dishes (including ice cream) with their innards.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scnupe7
I've gotten Tiki Barber quite a bit, but I don't think so.

You aren't Shaun Alexander are you?

smile.gif

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jill, you look like Bird York in that new profile pic.

Some of the more notable celebrities I've been compared to are Takeshi Kaneshiro, Lee Hom Wang, Sean Penn, Jet Li. Myheritage thought I looked like Bruce Willis, Aung San Suu Kyi, and Zhang Ziyi. Then a picture with a different facial expression got totally different results.

Jill

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
Jill, you look like Bird York in that new profile pic...
Thank you!! Must be the angle, though, because I would never be that skinny in this lifetime.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay, I bit on the MyHeritage thing...pretty neat. Here FWIW, is my list: Michael Keaton (53%) Sean Connery (53%) Patricia Velasques (?!?) (53%) Jimmy Carter (53%) Kyra Sedgwick (52%) Carl Sagan (billions and billions of %)
smile.gif
Diane Keaton (wtf!?!) 50% Mikis Theodorakis (48%) (For your information, I am none of these people. Although I share a name with two cultural "icons", both of film fame.) Edit: I ran a 10-year-old photo through the thing and came up with a startlingly different set of results: Shahrukh Khan (70%) Keira Knightley (62%) Liv Tyler (61%) Grace Kelly (61%) Fernando Redondo (60%) Jim Henson (59%) Kristanna Loken (58%) Jon Stewart (54%) Carson Daly (54%) (Another fwiw: I am consistently mistaken for a former governor of a Great Plains state. He even called me "him" once when we met.)

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get Jake Gyllenhaal occasionally. I think its somewhat accurate except I'm skinnier.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I ran the myheritage thing:

78% Aki Hakala
78% Sean Lennon
78% Gary Oldman
76% James Spader
74% Larry King
72% Richard Avedon
70% Seamus Heaney
67% Bae Yong-Jun
67% Peter Sellers
63% Henry Kissinger

I think that it just picked 10 random people who wear square-ish glasses. I'm gonna try it again later without my glasses on.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I'm gonna try it again later without my glasses on.
Slim: how will not being able to see the screen change the results?
laugh.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Slim: how will not being able to see the screen change the results?
laugh.gif

has ten years really made you look like less of a chick?

boxing[1].gif

seanchai

Reaction score
I got Austin Powers three times in one night while in Dublin. That's been AWESOME. Also Andy Warhol, and "you're a rock star, right?" comes up a lot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads