• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
I'm absolutely going to look into that wine but also need to get some Caymus which I have been meaning to try as of recent. When are you coming to NYC? I need someone who can appreciate a good wine bar and we should have an NYC/SF Wine thread meetup.
The 06 Caymus SS is being greatly discounted right now due to the economy. Of course, it would be a crime to drink the SS for at least another 3-4 years. I wish you and Gome had been at the huge vertical of the SS I did a few weeks ago. Just turned down Beaux Freres futures again. Cellar is approaching the limit and I fully expect to come home with 3-4 cases of wine, lol.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lovely discovery. I was with my mom in a pretty small LCBO and was in a hurry. Picked up all the wine for the holidays and Mrs. Audio was hankering for a Pinot Noir. We were both 'Cabbed' out after epic Miner and Caymus SS this week! She also likes the 'exclusive' Spiegelau Pinot glasses we purchased a while ago.
smile.gif
They have not been used much. Pinot's were thin on the ground at this LCBO. Grabbed this bottle without any research, which is not like me. Score! Very much like its Santa Barbara brethren, Sanford. Mrs. Audio describes it thus: Great balance and lovely pepper on the back end with the most delicate bouquet of carnations and chrysanthemums. Tobacco and a little all-spice, too. I concur!
smile.gif
$32.00 91/100
scottcellars.jpg

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
I'm absolutely going to look into that wine but also need to get some Caymus which I have been meaning to try as of recent. When are you coming to NYC? I need someone who can appreciate a good wine bar and we should have an NYC/SF Wine thread meetup.
I love Caymus. The 2006 Zinfandel is excellent and much cheaper than the expensive Cabernet Sauvignon and the very expensive Special Selection. I had the 2005 Cab at Canoe last summer. Was amazing. So rich and dynamic. My girl got me a 2006 SS for my birthday. It was not quite the '05, but had much of its character. Mind you, it was our second bottle that night! Caymus' tastings were sold out when we were there last summer. Next time. Buy and drink with confidence. Enjoy.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up the wine for the holidays.

Several parties to supply, incl. NYE party chez nous.

2007 Tawse Cabernet Franc X 4
2006 Thirty Bench Red X2
2007 Gemtree Uncut Shiraz X2
2007 J Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon X4
Roederer Champagne X 1
Pol Roger Champagne X 1
Deutz Pink Champagne X 1

Nice.

smile.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Gome, got my confirmation. Three bottles due here 12/24...right before we take off for our stay at Hotel Healdsburg and our Cyrus adventure
smile.gif

You guys keep costing me money. I ordered six bottles. Got confirmation yesterday that they've shipped.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Just wait til you come up here and eat at Cyrus.

Wish it was tonight.
frown.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
You guys keep costing me money. I ordered six bottles. Got confirmation yesterday that they've shipped.

LOL, can't blame that one on me. It's all Gome and Johnny.

Just wait til you come up here and eat at Cyrus.

I heard we're getting completely comped. That's not true?
frown.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I heard we're getting completely comped. That's not true?
frown.gif

Lulz. Unless Chef Doug personally told you that.....

I mean, yeah definitely your dinner is on me. BTW Can I borrow a few hundred bucks?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Lulz. Unless Chef Doug personally told you that.....

Hey, want to hit Charcuterie with us? PM me.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Sooo that's at least 15 bottles of Barolo that went to forum members. Niiice. I certainly hope it lives up to the 3 great press scores and the producers pedigree!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
*sigh* No wine this weekend. Watching "Sideways" to get in the mood for Sonoma. Blood draw Wednesday, having a bottle of wine for dinner Wednesday night!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
no wine here either. Travel today, a day in the office tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow night.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads