• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

ajchen

Reaction score
Just got in some utility shirts, micro collar shirts and outerwear options from 3sixteen at Self Edge New York. All are made in the USA.

sh_usic_1_medium.jpg
sh_usks_1_medium.jpg
sh_usbs_1_medium.jpg

sh_mcbp_1_medium.jpg
sh_mcbg_1_medium.jpg
sh_mcbk_1_medium.jpg

ow_dufc_1_medium.jpg
ow_duch_1_medium.jpg
ow_fbbk_1_medium.jpg

jon bones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Epaulet
^yowza, the duffle coat is killer. Finally cold enough for it here too.
co-sign... might need to swing by SE after work

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much are those utility shirts, and how do they fit? They look great, might have to pick the blue one up.

ajchen

Reaction score
Klemins - they are $140 and fit slim. PM me if you'd like some measurements on a particular size and I can get that over to you.

ajchen

Reaction score
The new Utility Shirts are cut slimmer than flannel shirts of seasons past. It's quite similar in fit to the seersucker utility shirt from SS09.

Originally Posted by PeterParker
Andrew,

Are the new utility shirts the cut the same as the 3sixteen crosscut flannel/utility/seersucker shirts from season's past? The khaki slub denim looks amazing.

PS. The grey crosscut flannel is my favorite shirt. Such great fabric, and it fits me perfectly!

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that utility shirt is the nicest piece of clothing I have seen in awhile.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Ordered a pair of 301S in a size 36. Not sure if they fit me too well. Love the fit from the thigh on down, but I think the upper block may be a tad too big. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow. I see there is no size 35 and the 34 looks like a pretty big drop off in the waist (2 inches smaller) and thigh (1 inch total).

Will the waist and thigh stretch out enough to meet me halfway in between a tagged 34 and 36?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
Ordered a pair of 301S in a size 36. Not sure if they fit me too well. Love the fit from the thigh on down, but I think the upper block may be a tad too big. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow. I see there is no size 35 and the 34 looks like a pretty big drop off in the waist (2 inches smaller) and thigh (1 inch total).

Will the waist and thigh stretch out enough to meet me halfway in between a tagged 34 and 36?

If you can get it buttoned up just stick with it, the denim stretches 1" after just five or six wears. You'll be far happier with the fit in the end if you stay with the size you have now.

gabby11303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiya
If you can get it buttoned up just stick with it, the denim stretches 1" after just five or six wears. You'll be far happier with the fit in the end if you stay with the size you have now.
I was trying to say that I have a 36 and don't know if I should go down to a 34. I can button up the 36, but I don't think they fit/look how they are supposed to. I can actually sag them quite a bit after I button them up. Here are some pics. In a few of the pics I have them at my waist and a few are sagged a bit. These are a 36, but I didn't know if a 34 would be too tight if I went down in size. It my not look like it in the pics, but there is plenty of room in the butt and the crotch. I think I definitely need to go to a smaller size, but it looks like a pretty big drop off from 36 to 34 as far as the waist, rise, and upper thigh go. I went with the 36 because I have a size 34 IH634S that measure just under 34 in the waist after stretching and they are pretty tight now.
pics161.jpg
pics159.jpg
pics157.jpg
pics160.jpg
pics158.jpg

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^That fit does not look so good, especially the second photo. I would size down if I were you. If you cannot button the 34s, then maybe try a different cut? The new 3Sixteen stuff looks great. I like the pocket closure on the utility shirt- it's not something you see often. The duffel looks fantastic as well. The removable hood was a great idea. I've never been a fan of hooded coats, but I imagining the hood + high collar would be serious winter protection. Textured wool is a nice change up from melton. Nicely done!
ow_dufc_2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads